we went to PIR, because we were looking for a quiet place to relax and go snorkelling. And that is exactly what we found.
We chose the PIR because of the beach and the pool. The beach was as promised: Beautiful, clean, lonely. The pool is not worth mentioning. It is small and does not have sea view. I could only imagine it for parents with very young children
The restaurant is not recommendable though. It is very expensive for a standard buffet with nothing special, abround 46RM++ each. Breakfast 36RM++. The menu was a little better, but still I'd rather go to Coral View or walk to Mama's. Of course, you could also go by water taxi.
The rooms of PIR are nice, but not worth the price. Their cheapest room, a superior room, does not have sea view although it is 310RM. We can still recommend it if you do not want to take a boat or walk the this beach every day.
If you rent a canoe (10-15RM/hour) and paddle to the next bay (turn right from the beach) you reach a quiet beach which is nice for snorkelling. BUT don't leave your belongings at the beach. The locals told us that there are thieves waiting for you to leave it unattended...You can just put all your belongings in a water pack, put it in the canoe and have the canoe bound to your ankle while snorkelling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar