This was our second trip to Perhentian - previously we had stayed at Kecil. But this was our first time staying on the larger Besar island. To be honest it doesn't really matter where you stay in Perhentian - you are guaranteed a spectacular trip especially if you are into scuba diving and / or amazing beaches. The resort is in need of a major facelift, there's no doubt about that. I won't go into the litany of things that need fixed because this would detract from the fact that we had an amazing three nights there. The food is not great - but you can take a boat taxi over to Long Beach on Kecil where you will find better food and a more hip and swinging nightlife. Everything is kinda crumbling and in need of some TLC. But it's a resort and so you shouldn't be in your room anyway. Oh, and look out for the huge monitor lizards! They make an excellent photo op.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar