We've spent great 5 days at PIR. Although the resort itself has its best years behind and some refurbishing is needed the overall quality of stay was fantastic. We had a bungalow just about 10-15 meters from the beautiful beach (imo best on Perhentians), the atmosphere was laid back and with quiet evenings. Well, besides the wildlife ;-) There's a footbridge connecting the resort with other beaches - there are restaurants, hotels and shops with alcohol. This is important if you like to wash down the delicious seafood with beer, as most of the island's hotels and restaurants are alcohol-free zones. From the PIR you can take a canoe, scuba diving lessons and take a jungle trek, but what is truly amazing ? The jungle comes to you in form of monkeys jumping from the mango tree, great monitor lizards walking near the pool or colugo (not to be confused with flying squirrel) landing on a palm tree next to your house. If you are animal lover this is a place to be ! And if you can handle a suprise such as spider the size of a man's fist invading your walls from time to time ;-) The water is great for snorkeling and diving, you can reach the coral reef just swimming from the beach. I've had a wonderful holiday there !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar