We stayed at PIR from 22nd to 25th June 2013. We were greeted with an amazing beach. Crystal clear and could see some fish swimming in the waters from the jetty.
However, that's the only awesome thing bout PIR. God's creation was impeccable but the man made one was below our expectation.
Upon receiving the (superior) room keys, we were not ushered nor bags were helped to the room. That was fine becoz we couldn't wait to go to the beach. Lo and behold, the room was like a cheap motel's room. Their cheap laminated flooring was icky, lights were so dim and furniture was lopsided. The view was horrible!!! We complained and was put into another 'superior' room which had a better finishing and the swimming pool view. We wanted an upgrade (willing to pay for it) but were told resort was full.
Most of the staffs were not cheerful nor do they greet. Either they missed the memo that they're working in service industry or just couldnt care less. We met 2 of the housekeepers which were helpful. Service at restaurant was bad and we felt so sorry for those who paid for fullboard. Breakfast spread was awful with limited choices. We would expect this sort of service and f&b from a bed & breakfast inn but not when you're paying rm4xx a night!!
We had dinner once (no choice and too hungry) but was dissapointed. It was too expensive. Wouldn't mind paying big bucks but not with that quality in return.
Let me think positive bout PIR: water heater was excellent. Snorkeling team were pretty good. Maybe that's it. Oh, friendly housekeepers.
Oh ya, this is the first time we find there's no General Manager manning the resort as each staff do not seen to be well coordinated. Maybe he's on leave or hiding in the office.
Just to note that they don't have in-room telephone (anything, pls walk all the way to the reception- bit scary at nite), no TV, no night entertainment nor activities.
PIR needs to improve tremendously. They will lose second time customers. Next time we will try to stay next door and just walk abit to the amazing god given beach.
Their beach is by far the best beach in the big island n perhaps the whole perhentian (ok maybe I'm biased).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar