Stayed there for 2 nites on a 3D/2N packages last week. This hotel didn't book the speed boat for us (46 of us) despite 2 months of notice. Then, they forgot to pay for the marine conservation fees. After a delay of 1.5 hours, all 46 of us squeezed into 3 speed boats (supposed to be 4 speed boats) after some angry comments by us.
My chalet room has 2 single beds and there are 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids). Complained again and mgnt told me their twin bed means single bed. So when we asked for 2 twin beds, they gave us 2 single beds. How ridiculous can this be? Single = 1, twin = 2. But to them, twin = single = 1. Anyway, managed to changed to a bigger room with 1 twin bed and 2 floor mattresses. There are quite some wildlife in this resort. Shrews, monitor lizard (more than 1 metre long), snakes (jungle trek), bees and can be quite scary for some people.
Breakfast/lunch/dinner - don't expect anything good. The cook cooked just to get the food cooked. That's all. Barbeque dinner - meats are burnt. Tomyam soup - mostly oil.
Snolking - twice boats were delayed. And they repeat the same snolking site the second day noon session. Managed to convinced the boatman to change to better site for 1 of the stops. The different site was much better (at Perhentian Kecil).
Location wise, this resort is located at good site and pretty quiet too. Water is clean and just about 70-100 metres from beach, there's a site to see turtles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Island Resort is an ideal beach resort for a leisurely family vacation in Malaysia. Surrounded by lush greenery, facing white sandy beaches and a warm blue sea, Perhentian Island is a holiday paradise not to be missed. Perhentian Island, or Pulau Perhentian as the locals call it, is well known as a marine paradise and forms a parts of the National Marine Park of Malaysia. In the surrounding areas of Perhentian Island Resort, you will find many things to see and do. Take a jungle trek up the hills under a canopy of large trees, and you might see wild magpies, giant fruit bats or the Nicobar pigeon. Perhentian Island lies along the flight path of this migratory bird. You might also see the harmless monitor lizard or even the unique lutong monkey species. The nearest jungle trail is less than 100 metres away from our resort. Or gather your family and head to the inviting sea for a swim. For those who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving, the Resort is strategically located, fronting a coral-rich bay. The marine ecosystem of this area is well documented and held in high regards by snorkellers and scuba divers. If you come between June and September, you might get lucky and see giant green turtles laying eggs along the beach. Enjoy your next family holiday at this paradise beach resort, where reality is like a dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Perhentian Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Perhentian Island Pulau Besar