“Very basic yet nice resort in a luxurious breathtaking location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Lang Tengah
Redang Lang Island Resort
Caracas, Venezuela
“Very basic yet nice resort in a luxurious breathtaking location”
Reviewed April 17, 2009

My husband and I went for 4d3n package with Airport transfers, Discovery Dive, two snorkeling trips (the island itself and Marine Park), breakfast, lunch, tea break and dinner. For less than RM900! (US$ 250 the two of us).
We stayed at one of the most beautiful beaches ever, spend hours snorkeling just few meters from the resort, enjoy gorgeous sunsets and had lots of fun with the friendly staff and guest (90% were Chinese from Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong… lots of parties every night).
It’s a very good deal if you don’t mind that the resort is very basic yet have its own charm: wood chalets with attached bathroom (shower located over the toilet), weak aircond (quite enough for the night), a place to store clothes will be appreciated. Only one place to plug electric stuff so you better bring an extension. No mobile signal at the room, 012 can talk clearly from the beach, 016 only sometimes, don’t know about 019. Forget about Internet and there is a TV area with Astro and an old pool table.
No towels provided, the room will be clean only if you ask for it and they won’t provide toilet paper or change the bed sheds (maybe they forgot). The bed and pillows were very comfortable and cleanliness in general was ok (this is a resort in a small island surround by the exuberant tropical jungle, don‘t expect them to do miracles) Lots of lizards in the room, I don’t mind, even enjoy them, but some people may freak out. Reviews from nearby resorts complain about rats, but I never saw any at Redang Lang Resort. We spotted a couple of some kind of komodo dragons very close to chalet, but they ran as soon as we try to get close to take pictures.
Don’t forget mosquito repellent, but if you did forgot, can get some at the convenience store where you can also get from swimsuits and underwater cameras to ice and cigarettes. The food was mostly Malay-Chinese, with 24 hours coffee, tea and water supplies. Westerns may get tired of food, but staff try to cook not too spicy witch we really appreciate.
The boat transfer is very smooth if weather is fine… if is not, try to get some medicine for sea sickness and don’t forget to bring big plastic bags to protect your luggage from getting totally wet (please dispose properly those bags as well as all your garbage)
The best for the end: beach, snorkeling and diving was AMAZING! Even that still raining a little, the visibility under water was ok. The first day we spotted a couple of baby sharks while were snorkeling in front of resort. The staff was always taking care of us during the snorkeling trips, giving us useful tips about strong currents and the bests spots to find fishes (lots of colorful friendly fishes). Diving was probably one of the best experiences of our lives, we where lucky to have Peter and Boon as instructors, and we plan to go back to get the PADI license.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I joined my extended family group of 40 plus on this trip with some trepidation. I don't like swimming, can't swim, can't snorkel, hate the sun etc. Yes, the accommodation is very basic. Yes, the air cond is noisy, rooms will be sandy if you keep walking in and out, food is basic and not much else to do but swim and sun bathe. However, I did enjoy myself. I enjoyed the company, the boat rides, the scenery, watching my kids enjoying the water, etc. Would I go again, probably! The best thing about the island? The pristine, clear ocean water!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 4, 2008

I have returned from 3 days 2 nights stayed at Redang Lang Island Resort ^^ for company trip.

We was so excited with the Crystal Clear water... before we touch down on the LAND :) The boat driver and resort staff, helpful to unload our luggage. Good Point for them

The surrounding is pretty good, 1st Clean, 2nd Facilities look OK with Satellite TV and many others (view photo), 3rd Management and Staff look friendly and others. Ops not forgotten the KARAOKE Room.

The room is spacious and nice, pretty clean as well. Not question about it. With Water heater and air-cond ready everything look great...

The breakfast,lunch.dinner not bad with nasi lemak + rendang, mostly asian food and some BBQ stuff, I will give them 4/5 for the food, clean and everything nicely arrange.

You can go for snorkeling, diving, jungle trekking, and many others activities such as Snooker, Chess and others.

Downside - Can't find any when we are there.

Overall I would say this is great resort to stay, compare to others nearby. This resort is MUCH happening.

• Liked — The Facilities & Diving Location
  • Disliked — Mobile Phone Connection is weak...
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I just signed up to Trip Advisor, but I would like to tell you about my time staying at Redang Lang Island Resort on Lang Tengah Island a couple of years ago.

We were ferried across to the island on a speed boat and the setting was breath-taking! Crystal clear waters, white powdery sand, coconut trees lining the beach. It was like coming to paradise! The beach was gently sloping into the water which was ideal for swimming and snorkelling. At the time there was quite a bit of the dead brown coral in the water.

There was a group of about 10 of us. The others were Malaysians and I was the only foreigner. The rooms were basic, but comfortable with air-con and an attached bathroom. It had a snack shop with souvenirs, a small dive shop, a TV lounge that could be used for singing along with songs and beach volleyball.

The food was nice Malaysian style food and you do need to be on-time to make sure you get a descent helping of food before others go up for seconds.

I did most of the activities including the jungle trek over the hill to the other bay, 2 snorkelling trips. One to the Redang Island Marine park which was amazing to see all the fish swimming around you, the corals there were nice, as this was a protected marine park. The second trip was a around Lang Tengah Island. I really enjoyed this trip as the coral was very beautiful, I think better than Redang Marine park. Then I did one of those discover scuba diving dives. We walked in from the beach and went down about 10 metres in a loop and came back on the beach. It was amazing breathing underwater and to see the clown fish (like in finding Nemo) and we saw a shark down there also! The instructor who took me out even said it was a fairly big shark!

The staff were friendly and helpful. The resort was quite busy also.

Overall, the resort was good and the setting was like paradise, so calm and peaceful. A good place to get away from the rush of life.

• Liked — Superb location, like paradise!
  • Disliked — Not enough time there!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Malaysia
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I felt like I was thrown into a boot camp the minute I arrived at the resort. Everything was so regimental and the person who gave the briefing was like a camp warden. The food was not to shout about and if you are slow in getting to the line, you are not getting any to eat. You will have to ask someone to cook again; usually something really simple for you. There are no other place where you can get food except for maybe junkfood at the mini market. The rooms could be a little cleaner.

• Liked — The sea
  • Disliked — Food & cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Pulau Lang Tengah hotels

London
Reviewed May 16, 2007

If all you want is to dive/snorkel and are not bothered by much else, this is the place for you. The beach is classic white sand and palm trees, the sea turquoise and the sea teeming with colourful fish. The dive centre is apparently good.

But on the other hand the rooms are very basic (though with fan and noisy AC), the food variable but generally adequate and there is no bar or anything (though the shop sells beer). It's all a bit regimented - be 10 minute past the advertised meal times and you risk supplies being exhausted; the loudspeaker comes out to summon you to the daily snorkelling trips etc.

Unlike the resorts on the Perhentians, this seems targeted largely at the domestic market, with most coming for 2 nights/3 days (large groups of students over the weekend). The karaoke is institutional! Our 10 day stay seemed to be pretty unusual, but it allowed us to get into a very relaxed rhythm, hanging out on the beach and exploring the amazing reef, and to get to know the staff.

it certainly seemed to be the best of the resorts on the island. We went to Redang on a couple of snorkelling trips, and the reef on Lang Tengah seemed to be a match for the one there. During the week it was pretty quiet, but even when busy at the weekends, the numbers weren't overwhelming.

• Liked — Beach and snorkelling
  • Disliked — Regimented meal times
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GELondon
Mirboo North, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2006

Having no expectations of where I was staying, I was truly delighted to find this quiet little paradise... I stayed there at the tail end of the tourist season before the resort closed for the monsoon season...
Literally had the whole place to myself, so was ideal opportunity to get to know the very friendly staff...
Room were very clean with 2 large Queen sized beds, basic room had air con and a fan...
Food was amazing, always too much.... For dairy lovers and people who like milk in their coffee maybe take your own.. I didnt enjoy the condensed milk was too sweet for me..
Free flow drinks all day, as well as bread and crackers to eat when ever you wanted.. Only white bread available..
Staff were always helpful and very friendly they had no hestitaion in showing me all the best snorkeling places even if they had just come back from a dive, they would still accompany me..
I didnt go on the jungle trek but heard from other guests that it was hard going but most enjoyable..
There are resident fruit bats, gecko's and a monitor or two and the island is surrounded by beautiful corals inundated with magnificent fish..
If your lucky you may even see a Green Turtle and some Black Tip Reef Sharks..
My only negative comment is to the amount of rubbish washed up onto the beaches that the fishermen, it appalled and saddened me to no end..
The staff at Redanglang Resort do their best in cleaning this up,but something on a larger scale needs to happen to protect this place..

2 Thank Gippsland_Gypsy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulau Lang Tengah
Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Lang Tengah
Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Sp...
#2 of 3 in Pulau Lang Tengah
Summer Bay Resort Lang Tengah Island
Summer Bay Resort Lang Tengah Is...
#1 of 1 in Pulau Lang Tengah
#10 of 12 in Pulau Redang
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Redang Lang Island Resort? Share your experiences!