“Paradise - wind down destination”

Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Lang Tengah
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I loved my stay here. One of the most beautiful islands i've visited, off the beaten track, tranquil and just perfect. We practically had the island to ourselves and it was bliss. The water was crystal clear, the fish are friendly and cute and the pier looking out is picture perfect. The current is really gentle so perfect for kids, just watch the coral. I am not a beach person but if every beach were like this then I would soon become one. Don't think i've ever been so relaxed in my life. The accomodation I have mixed feelings about because for what you pay you kinda expect a more polished feel but at the same time that can sometimes feel fake. The villas here are charming, not high tech modern but they have a wonderful feel to them. If you are looking for Dubai glamour then the accomodation may not be to your taste. Huge jacuzzi baths but a def. retro feel that I don't think was intentional. Bathroom products are re-filled but that's understandable when you think that it's an island and they are trying to cut down on waste. We ended up feeling like part of the family. The food was so so the first few days as I think they were catering to foreign tastes (one other couple from the UK, a Japanease couple and 2 Saudi princesses lol.) Anyway, once I got chatting to the staff and explained we wanted proper Malaysian food they really went all out and we were treated to some great local dishes from that region. Felt really sad when we left, my daughter was given little gifts by some of the girls, a real experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fizzyretro

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My name is Charles Chen and stay at this hotel from 9 March 2013 to 11 March 2013. I'm total regret to choose this resort! First, I get wrong information from reservation Akhmar, i still keep the email in my inbox, second, WIFI and TV totally out of order in the resort, we got nothing to do during evening time,Third,Lots of defects in the room especially for the light,most of them out of order,forth,i order room service to eat but they also add some extra ingredient(hair) in my food,vegetable not wash properly, still dirty. Kitchen still hang a notice "very clean", is that real?? Last, kettle in the room having problem and there is no phone in the room, i have to walk a long way to reception and complain about this. After half an hour, nobody come and fix it, i have to walk to reception complain again! I really need an explaination on this matter. I did send a feedback to hotel site but there is no respond on my complains,i'm really dissapointed to get this kind of service by paying RM400+ per night!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charles_Chen1989
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent there 8 days. It's a beautiful island, white sandy beach, blue clear water...
The full board package is not cheap, I think we paid for the beautiful scenery. After looking at the other three resorts on the island, I think Sari Pacifica is the best one, although it's the most expensive one...
There's powdery white beach just in front of the resort, you can snorkel in front of the resort.
But I think the food is not very dilicious, the MENU is a very thin book, and don't have many choices.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vivian c
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Sari Pacifica at Lang Tengah
We staid at Sari Pacifica 3 nights in August 2012. The resort, the beach and the chalets are wonderful. Choose the pool or see front villas: the chalets are huge and the interior outfitting are amazing. It is a place for couple, very quiet and isolated. The water is amazing, a little bit less than Perhentian, but anyway a dream place. It seems definitively the best resort of the island and the only high level hotel met on the islands we saw in Malaysia. Only one remark: the cleaning of the room and the maintenance of the structures could be better. Evaluate carefully the full board formula, because it could be more convenient to buy only the night; consider an average price of the meal of Euro 20 per person for menu a la carte. The menu for those who choose the full board formula is different from the one a la carte. We chose the full board formula and we ate very good and abundant. They provide for alcohol. The spa was closed when we arrived, due to previous weather event that destroyed it. Plan carefully your boat transfer if you have to move to other islands, because there is not taxi service like in Perhentian islands: if you do not agree the transfer with a big company from the land, the only way to move is to charter a boat from the hotel at price of Euro 100. In such a case ask if there are other guests that move on your date in order to share the cost of the boat. Be aware thar the staff is discreet and lazy: ask and do not wait for them, they are extremely kind.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I got a headache reading the reviews for this hotel because the views varied so drastically. So I might add my 2 cents to hopefully save you the pain.
You get there from merang jetty which is easy to find. There is cheap "secure" undercover parking. The boat leaves 10.30am. We rang the previous day to confirm the time which was a good idea because they couldn't find our booking initially. The trip is 45min on a fairly small boat jumping the waves. While we had a blast I could imagine that the elderly or people with back problems could see it tortureous or scary.
The arrival revealed a very picturesque bay with calm, turquoise waters. So it is great for swimming and there is a reasonable amount of fish just off the beach. The coral is mainly dead and broken, for snorkeling fanatics you would need to go on any of the trips offered....either to Redang, Perhentian or around Lang Tengah. You pay extra for their snorkeling gear which is a downer, even though its not expensive. We found the beach clean and it had shady palms and gazebos to chill out.
The rooms would have been quite grand in the past, but are a bit dated now. Certainly no 5-star material, more of a 3.5 at best. Tacky furniture a bit cramped, but reasonably clean. They are all individual villas which is nice and the garden setting is pretty as well. There is a clean swimming pool and kids pool. A downer is that they seem to burn their garbage nearby, but the smoke might also keep the mossies away. Their clothes lines must be near it as the towels smell of it.
Now to the food: We had booked a half board for 2 nights. There were about 30 guests at the time. Reviews here have stated how terrible the food was - that is NOT the case. You have to take into account that you are on a tiny island with quite a distance to the mainland. So there wont be a dozen dishes to choose from. Buffet breakfast is pretty standard, and buffet dinner usually had two western type dishes and to local. When things run out you may have to ask whether they will more but it then gets whipped up fairly quickly. We over-ate every time. Its not your 5-star restaurant experience, but we were more than satisfied and found the simplicity charming and appropriate for the type of hotel.
So overall we had a very very pleasant stay, enjoyed the easy going and laid back attitude and would have loved to stay for a week. If you after 5-star glamour and pampering this place is not for you. For a getaway from mass tourism and a picture perfect beach to relax than you got to go.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Frank E
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This place is really amazing( the island) but going more deep...the hotel managment is not good at all.
It seems like no one take the responsibility in the cleaning, service,so on.
But I insist that the island is a beautiful place...
The food not well served, not good in taste...the tables always dirty and no one take care about u.
This is Sari Pacifica, a nice place in the wrong hands! Needs a manager with a real skills.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Jpcuevas75
Reviewed July 17, 2012

First, you should know that Lang Tengah it is not worth a visit. The corals are dead and washed out on the beach, must wear swimming shoes if you go in the water. There is also lots of rubbish, we picked up the litter in front of this hotel ourselves but couldn't find a bin, the nearest one is in the reception.
There are only four so-called resorts on this island, all incredibly low quality and very close to each other ( the whole stretch of beach is a 15min walk). It can be surprisingly noisy for such a small place, there was very loud music from the resort next door till about 10pm.
My impression is of a run down place and in much need at TLC.

Although Sari Pacifica may be the better option available, it is still no more than two stars accommodation. They have a fancy website and advertise themselves as luxury hotel which makes it even more disappointing when you actually arrive there. The rooms are extremely tacky, I was almost in tears after the first hour and contemplating with regret having to spend three more days of our honeymoon we've booked thinking of a paradise tropical island. After a nightmarish experience with lousy neighbours which kept us up till 3am, the next day we've decided to leave at whatever costs. They were actually very kind and understanding, the girl at reception made all necessary arrangements for a boat back to Redang at very short notice.

The most terrible of all however is the food. They serve a sort of buffet with only two or three options that were uneatable. This has never happened to me but I left dinner without being able to actually eat something. Whilst it is clearly understandable they have to get all food frozen and shipped in from the mainland, I have no doubt it is then simply microwaved.
We might be fussy eaters but it was virtually impossible to choose between the terrible tasting mackerel and spaghetti in a sauce made from tomato paste (which reminded me of my student days). If you didn't like these, well unfortunately there was no alternative. I consider food an important part of any travelling experience and we always look for local cuisine, but in this case it doesn't look like they make an effort with limited ingredients they have.

Lang Tengah highly not recommended but if you choose to go, this resort is the better option there.

NB: They have a building site currently and you can hear the noise even from the beach (Why don't doing that in the monsoon season when there are no tourists?)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort
The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort
#2 of 12 in Pulau Redang
Summer Bay Resort Lang Tengah Island
Summer Bay Resort Lang Tengah Is...
#1 of 1 in Pulau Lang Tengah
Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island
Perhentian Island Resort
Perhentian Island Resort
#4 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Laguna Redang Island Resort
Laguna Redang Island Resort
#1 of 12 in Pulau Redang

Been to Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Lang Tengah? Share your experiences!