We wanted to experience some luxury during our trip and stayed for 4 days. It was wonderful! Everything was good about the resort. The balcony was a relaxing place to read a book and watch the colourful fish, reef sharks and fighting crabs in the water and on the rocks beneath the balcony.
I liked the Spa so much that I went back the next day. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We booked a snorkel trip the first day. The other days we returned to the beautiful underwater world at Coral Bay ourselves.
The food was good. it's better to order a la carte, there's lots of choice and it's not expensive. Alcohol was expensive, a beer for 16RM. The island is small, so staying 3 or 4 days is fine. It's fun to hire a kajak and go to a deserted beach on Kapas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort have 45 sea frontage villas, comprising of 2 suites, 4 hideaway Villas, 4 Premier Villas and 35 water villas. All villas are equipped with air conditioning and king sized beds with aside lounger. All villas have a balcony with a swing chair for your convenience. Villas are all ensuite with a toilet and shower room. The resort is built on the ridges of the coastline, thus preserving the hills and its natural physical formation. There is a main beach and 2 other smaller beach for your private use. There is a restaurant where all meals are served there. Seaport facilities like kayaking and snorkelling are also available. Guided snorkelling is also available upon request with minimum of 4 pax. Airport transfer can be arrange upon request with some charges. Rates are available on our official website. Thank you and hope to see you in Gem Island soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gem Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gem Island Hotel Marang
- Gem Island Resort And Spa
- Gem Island Resort & Spa Terengganu/Marang, Malaysia