Was there for a getaway from city. Totally awesome and didnt let me down. A non commercial island with good hospitality from the courteous staff ad not to mention the warm and welcoming manager Hisham. If you are looking for a chillout place, with lots of chilling and snorkelling, this is a place to go. The beach is not like redang or perhentian beach, with the wide stretch of wide sand but more of a place to explore as it is very rocky, but the scene is beautiful enough to capture. There isonly one resort here so u can have the beach all by urself and its not at all crowded with people that could steal the tranquility away. Snorkellin is the main activity as you wil discover lots of fishes swimming really near the shore and lots and lots of coral. The snorkelling activity is more on yourself discovering the whole island as u can actually swim around near and far the island and its totally safe as not much boats will pass by so don't worry. Lots of fishes, rare ones that u won't see at other islands. The night is more quiet, no clubbing and drinking around and will be nice to just chillout at the room. The price to pay for the lowest category "WATER VILLA"(which is already good enough) is totally worth it, as you can't find such a nice place to stay with that price. The food served is also quite good, at higher quality than other places with a budget like that. Its truly the best kept secret as it is a small island with lots of natural elements. If you love islands and beaches, and wanna look for inner peace, this would be a good pick. I truly enjoyed and love to be back anytime soon. Not to mention, its so covenient to travel from land to island. Its 30minutes from KT airport to jetty, costing RM50 per trip and from jetty to island takes only 15 minutes. Wel that's enough said, for a true experience of a lifetime, visit the island. Its that simple. Make sure u have a partner though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort have 45 sea frontage villas, comprising of 2 suites, 4 hideaway Villas, 4 Premier Villas and 35 water villas. All villas are equipped with air conditioning and king sized beds with aside lounger. All villas have a balcony with a swing chair for your convenience. Villas are all ensuite with a toilet and shower room. The resort is built on the ridges of the coastline, thus preserving the hills and its natural physical formation. There is a main beach and 2 other smaller beach for your private use. There is a restaurant where all meals are served there. Seaport facilities like kayaking and snorkelling are also available. Guided snorkelling is also available upon request with minimum of 4 pax. Airport transfer can be arrange upon request with some charges. Rates are available on our official website. Thank you and hope to see you in Gem Island soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gem Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gem Island Hotel Marang
- Gem Island Resort And Spa
- Gem Island Resort & Spa Terengganu/Marang, Malaysia