This is the second time I have visited Gem Island, the first being in 2009, and it still remains a beautiful and totally relaxing place to spend some time.
The rooms are quite spacious with great views from the balcony of the water villas.
The beaches are excellent and quiet perfect for relaxing. I did intend to have a couple of days diving around Pulau Kapas, but after snorkeling off Gem Island I didn't think I would see anymore. The reefs around the island offer a wide variety of marine life from clown fish to sharks and its a must to spend a few hours drifting in the sea looking at the marine life. We were also lucky to be present one night to witness the release of some baby turtles.
The food is also excellent offering a wide variety of both local and western cuisine.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone who wants a few days to relax and unwind, it's just a shame I had to come home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort have 45 sea frontage villas, comprising of 2 suites, 4 hideaway Villas, 4 Premier Villas and 35 water villas. All villas are equipped with air conditioning and king sized beds with aside lounger. All villas have a balcony with a swing chair for your convenience. Villas are all ensuite with a toilet and shower room. The resort is built on the ridges of the coastline, thus preserving the hills and its natural physical formation. There is a main beach and 2 other smaller beach for your private use. There is a restaurant where all meals are served there. Seaport facilities like kayaking and snorkelling are also available. Guided snorkelling is also available upon request with minimum of 4 pax. Airport transfer can be arrange upon request with some charges. Rates are available on our official website. Thank you and hope to see you in Gem Island soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gem Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gem Island Hotel Marang
- Gem Island Resort And Spa
- Gem Island Resort & Spa Terengganu/Marang, Malaysia