ParkCity Everly Hotel Miri
BlueBerry Inn(Miri)(Great Value!)
$15
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for only 1 night, on our way to Mulu National Park. I had booked via Agoda, and only paid about £32 for a double room with breakfast. We thought it was excellent value. The room was very acceptable, large king size bed, clean, great views of the sea, very acceptable bathroom/shower. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was nothing great, very slow, and relatively pricey. Breakfast buffet was good, with a fair variety of Western and Asian fare, including Sarawak Laksa station.

Location is not great, being some distance from the city. There is nothing much around the hotel, bar a few small shops.

However at the back of the hotel is the beach, which is accessible via a small grassy area. The seahorse lighthouse is also only a short walk away.

There is a nice resort style freeform pool, which is very pleasant. Overall a nice place for a short stay. Excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights. Spent most of the time for business but I extended one more night for leisure. Brought my hubby and son together. The hotel is very near to Miri Airport (10 minutes drive). Shuttle is available every 2 hours to go to Miri town FOC. Most of the staff were genuinely helpful and provided professional services - with the exception of one lady staff manning the reception counter whom was not co-operative in providing accurate information with regards to the room availability ( I was trying to get one more room for my sis in-law and her family - managed to get one with assistance from another staff). Room was spacious with 2 beds (one bed can accommodate 2 adults). What I like most was that the hotel provided a prayer mat, sarongs (men & women) + a print out of Miri praying time - there were a bless for us Muslims. I was given a room facing swimming pool/ beach which was nice view to wake up every morning. My son and his cousins were crazy over the swimming pool - spent most of the time in the pool. I stayed in this hotel last year. But this year, the room looked a bit worn out/ old - sign for the management to look into sprucing up the hotel. We ventured to the beach for a nice walk, but beach was somehow not maintained by hotel management with lots wild weeds and trash (sigh!!!) everywhere. How i wish the mgmt maintained the beach as it really has a potential. Generally, my family and I were satisfied with out stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business