ParkCity Everly Hotel Miri
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Nur(Miri)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel has an even balance of good an bad, I personally would not return here and would most likely stay at the Mariott on my next visit to Miri.

We stayed in the Hillside Deluxe room with king sized bed. The room was well set out and spacious. The bed was very old, uncomfortable and needed urgent replacemet. The bed sheets were not clean and had unremovable stains on them. The room itself was not clean as there were huge build up of debris and dust around the skirtings of the walls and the bath tub was not a welcomed site, we did not even use it as it was unclean.

Our room was supposed to be a no smoking room yet when we entered the room the first smell that hit me was the smell of smoke. I asked for a change and was moved into another room. This room also smelled of smoke, especially in the toilet but it was slightly bearable so I decided to settle.

Our room had very nice views of the hillside, the service of the staff were okay. Check in and check out went smoothly with no hiccups.

The shuttle bus was a nice option but the pick-up time was not on the dot and was late by about 10 minutes.

The buffet breakfast which was included in our stay was decent, food was good and there was a nice selection of food. The dinner had a greater option and I absolutely loved the honey soy chicken wings.

I am sure this hotel was a grand hotel back in the 1960's or 70's but ever since then it has been barely renovated or modernised. It has huge potential for redevelopment and can once again be a jewel of Miri if renovated and brought upto date with current hotel standards.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emin C
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Although our room had a wonderful beach view, the bathroom was smelly and the room was not spotless: somebody else's hair in the bathroom and balcony is a no-no!!! There is a shuttle service between the hotel and places of interest in Miri - but be warned: the pickup time is not as stipulated. On one occasion the shuttle bus was 45 minutes late: the driver's excuse was that he had to go to the airport to pick up members of an airline crew.The breakfast was okay: the cheese platter consisted of one type of unidentifiable cheese. Coffee in the room was not replenished on a regular basis (as promised in the hotel brochure).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view. It is rather nice to sit on the balcony and watch the sun setting over the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have just experienced the most horrible hotel stay in my life here. Upon checking in, we asked the receptionist a few questions regarding our room. However, our questions were ignored as the receptionist pretended that she did not hear us. It was so awkward standing there waiting for a reply. What she should do is at least ask for assistance if she do not know anything rather than pretending not hearing us!

Next, we requested for an additional bed at 8pm before we headed out for dinner. When we came back to the hotel at 1am, there was no sign of additional bed in our room. So we decided to call the receptionist, the phone was not working at all! I am so exhausted but I still have to go all the way to the lobby. Horrible!

Facilities are super old in this hotel and everything smells old! The swimming pools were so dirty that even if you go underwater, you can't see anything.

It certainly did not live up to my expectation despite being a 4 star hotel. Never in my life that I would return to this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank JesmineW
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Let's be clear, not everything about this hotel is bad. The room was spacious, the beachview was great, the beds were outstanding, and the staff is very helpfull. Check in an check out very smooth. But... This hotel is a past glory, outdated in many ways. It seems like the management decided not to invest any ringit, euro, dollar or even köpec anymore in this hotel.
The bathroom: showercurtain quite dirty, mold on the tiles, toiletseat extremely used,...
The swimmingpool: nicely situated in a nice garden but outdated, poolchairs probably bought around 1970, most of them are broken or rusty, poollamp floating in the pool (danger of electrocution?), the poolbar is clearly abonded since many years, etc.
Breakfast is good, and the Atlantis buffet we had on friday evening was excellent.
Conclusion: there is a clear need of investment. The hotel needs an urgent refresh if it wants to stay open in the next years.
Last point, the beach. This hotel claims to be the only that has a beach in Miri. Well, dont take the risk to go there. Apparently, it is situated near a sewagepipe (this was told by people who stayed inthe Marriot), but worse, it is infected with sandflies. I spent 5 minutes on the beach, and was bitten hundreds of times. Sandfly bites cause a terrible itch, that is itchier then a mosquito bite and last much longer. When I asked a staffmember, he confirmed the presence of the sandflies. The hotelmanagement should inform their costumers about this!!!!!!
William, Senta and little Ella

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William_Decoster
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I would have rated this hotel a lot higher if they have taken more care in keeping the place clean. The ahuttle to the city is fantastic, the lication is good and the service while it is not 5 star, it is not bad.

• Stayed: November 2013