“Mediocre food”

Cuisines: Asian, European, Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Had dinner at Madli's twice. Other than the satay which was quite unique in taste due to spices used (peanut dip or 'kuah' below average), there was nothing to shout about in terms of the other food that we tried. The desserts - cendol and ice kacang, were also not to our liking.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great Laksa and Jawa mee, interesting soursops (in big jars, guava I liked, peach -not so much), always crowded, but always can find a place as well. The seafood dish near jawa mee in the menu is a little more blend. Take care, most dishes are spicy- pay attention to chilie signs to the right of dish.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have dinedat Madl in the past 6 years several times and was surprised to see it as Miri's first & second rated in tripadvisor for Miri

So we re-visited one evening.
The place was busy ( alwasy a good sign) and we took the only vacant table inside.
We ordered Ayam lelapan, Mee Jawa, Satay and drinks.
Then I noticed a comatose tom-cat under the table. I don't like animals in restaurants and I cannot tolerate cats due to allergies.
I got one of the staff to evict the creature.
The food arrived promptly and so did the damn cat, laying its dirty body across my feet.
Cat evicted again and food consumed, all the while checking under the table for the cat.

The feline germ-bag aside, the food was average. Service Ok, and prices slightly higher than normal. Rm30 for 2 mains & a side.

I can only guess there has been some serious marketing done for this restaurant to be praised and advertised so widely.
Personally i think there are far better Malay, chinese or Indian places in Miri

1  Thank The_Miri_Epicure
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I came here. Ordered pataya fried rice and barley drink. Fried rice average. Barley drink too sweet. Service quick and friendly. If you are not too particular about taste, you can come.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Great!! unforgettable food! Great restaurant! Pls have more seatings! Improve more on the services! As we waited for almost 1/2 an hour for the food and the drinks too.