“Average resto, but well marketed.”
Review of Madli's

Madli's
Ranked #31 of 229 Restaurants in Miri
Cuisines: Asian, European, Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Miri, Malaysia
“Average resto, but well marketed.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have dinedat Madl in the past 6 years several times and was surprised to see it as Miri's first & second rated in tripadvisor for Miri

So we re-visited one evening.
The place was busy ( alwasy a good sign) and we took the only vacant table inside.
We ordered Ayam lelapan, Mee Jawa, Satay and drinks.
Then I noticed a comatose tom-cat under the table. I don't like animals in restaurants and I cannot tolerate cats due to allergies.
I got one of the staff to evict the creature.
The food arrived promptly and so did the damn cat, laying its dirty body across my feet.
Cat evicted again and food consumed, all the while checking under the table for the cat.

The feline germ-bag aside, the food was average. Service Ok, and prices slightly higher than normal. Rm30 for 2 mains & a side.

I can only guess there has been some serious marketing done for this restaurant to be praised and advertised so widely.
Personally i think there are far better Malay, chinese or Indian places in Miri

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank The_Miri_Epicure

• Indonesian first
“Food”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I came here. Ordered pataya fried rice and barley drink. Fried rice average. Barley drink too sweet. Service quick and friendly. If you are not too particular about taste, you can come.

Brunei-Muara District, Brunei Darussalam
“Not bad!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Great!! unforgettable food! Great restaurant! Pls have more seatings! Improve more on the services! As we waited for almost 1/2 an hour for the food and the drinks too.

Manila, Philippines
“local cuisine at its best”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

we ate 3 times in this resto. great food with distinct Malaysian cuisine. Loved the dish with the sweet potato gravy

Visited March 2014
England
“Fair price and food”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I thought that Madli's offered good value and nice clean food in a busy and popular setting.
Food looks and tastes authentic, the drinks are enjoyable.
However, it lacks atmosphere unlike the Ming Cafe which has it in spades. I think the food is better in Madl's, cheaper too, but the ambiance isn't as good. You can spend the night in Mings whilst you would only visit Madli's for eating.

• Visited February 2014