Imperial Palace Hotel
BlueBerry Inn(Miri)(Great Value!)
$15
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsstandard roomwindow viewjacuzzi poolyam basketlower groundbars within walking distancebusiness tripclosing timeiron ironing boardsupermarket locatedmini barbuffet breakfastbreakfast providedfree basement parkingstaff manningroom toiletmale receptionist
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The flight was delayed and I was very tired for the long journey. Upon arriving at the airport, my principal is already waiting to send me to the hotel.

I just came to Miri a week before and this is my second trip here in two weeks. I was informed that the hotel I stayed before was full. So they are checking me in Imperial Palace Hotel which is located slightly in the middle of the town.

Arriving at the hotel I was impressed with the spacious lobby. There are a few sofas for you to relax while waiting for the room key to be issued. The restaurant is located next to the lobby as well. If you fancy freshly brewed coffee there is a gourmet cafe just outside the hotel entrance.

The room key is a smart card and they issued two cards for you since my room comes with King size bed. Entering the room, it is nicely furnished with modern furniture. It is not as big as the room booked for me during my previous visit at another hotel but sufficient for a couple with one kid.

There is a flat screen TV with selective satellite channels, a spacious working table (I loved the working table), complimentary mineral water and coffee makin facilities. It is even better when they also provide you with iron and ironing board. If you have valuables with you there is an electronic safe in the closet. For the Muslim you will appreciate the given prayer times for the month as reference together with prayer mat. And there is the bible for reading as well.

I stayed there for four nights and it was a pleasant stay. Breakfast is provided at the coffee house and their selection of international and local food is reasonably good. Those who prefers to eat dinner can use their room service or enjoy their offerings at the coffee house. I did try their seafood chowder and really like it!

Patrons who are health concious can use the in house gym with professional trainer to assist you. They also have a small sauna room separated for men and women together with a jacuzzi pool that is 30 metre long.

Since the hotel is situated in the busier area of Miri, you can find a lot of entertainment outlet within five minutes walking. There is also a supermarket located nearby and a number of local banks as well.

I stayed there for four nights and it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MHasni
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is my second time I stayed at this hotel yesterday (11.11.12). As usual all the thing exceeded my expectation but only one matter. I was arrived at hotel and would like to enquiry about a few thing to one of the staff Janice. She treat me well. But in a sudden, one of the staff, cant recall her name (tall and short haired woman) intefere with my conversation and raised her voice toward me. I was very unpleasent with this kind of attitude. If she had problems previously please dont bring up the problem on your work place and released her angee ro rhe customer. Sorry to bring up this matter because i dont want this matter happen to other customer. Cheers.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank joelucass92
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was here stayed here last April 2012 for business official trip. Here is my evaluation for Imperial Palace Hotel Miri:

Check in & Check out: Efficient

Room: The room is spacious (one extra single bed still can fit twin room, Coffee & Tea Making Facilities, Mini bar, iron & ironing board, Daily newspaper complimentary)

Cleanliness: Good (So far the cleanliness is in order)

Bed & Pillows: Comfortable

Bathroom: Clean (Toiletries provided)

Air Conditioning: Too Cold even if you set the temperature to high degree and speed is low.

TV channel: OK

WIFI: Considering OK (sometime it's slow)

Breakfast: Good (Variety of foods selection)

Facilities: There is Jacuzzi pool and Gym but I did not manage to try it.

Location: Center of Miri City popular entertainment outlets (Cherry Berries, Al Fresco, Balcony etc etc is just beside hotel) and it's only take around 5 minutes drive to downtown. Plenty of Food & Coffee shop is around the corner (Local, Western, Chinese etc Cafe except for Fast Food Restaurant you need to drive down to downtown).

Hotel Security: Very secure and you cannot access to the other floors instead of the floor where you stay.

Parking: Plenty of parking spot

Price: Value for Money!

Impressive hotel and fully satisfied for what they accommodated me. As Miri City are not really centralize downtown, you need wheels to exploring Miri City from this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cornnelius n
Reviewed October 18, 2012

staff is friendly with experience staff. service is excellant. Room is also nice especially if you upgrade to deluxe room with extra large super single.Location is a bit far out but if you got a car , travelling around miri is a breeze.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tiongki
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel room is very clean and comfortable, the front desk service is good. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The gym room is very nice and clean. The price is not so expensive, and the buffer breakfast is great! The only weak point is the air conditioner is too strong. We have to switch off the air-cond at night. Will stay there again next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends