“Decent”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Miri
San Francisco, California
“Decent”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

There is nothing exceptional about this hotel. However everything is mostly decent. The rooms are enormous and clean. The food is fine. Location is good. And customer service is hit or miss. My first day there, the morning customer service couldn't be bothered to help me with any of my requests (help with my luggage, finding a taxi, etc.). The staff simply wasn't interested. During my second stay, I complained that wifi was not working in my standard room. I was told that I needed a superior room for working wifi, so the receptionist went out of his way to upgrade me, which was appreciated. So, overall I recommend this hotel but manage your expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Moonbathing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My friends and I were there for a Church event which was held in the vicinity, therefore we did not really travel much. But location wise, it is good as the mall is just next door. For non-Malaysians who would wish to try local food, the restaurants (seafood) and coffee shops (and even the pubs) are just within walking distance.

Since we made our booking a little late, the only rooms available were the suites. So we took the 2-bedroom suite: very spacious, fully air-conditioned, with a small kitchen - fridge, cooking pots and utensils, plates and cups/mugs provided. Washing machine is also provided. The buffet breakfast is great too - the variety of food is not a lot, but good enough to kick start the day.

I would recommend this hotel to a family of 4 or more. It's very spacious, you can even sleep on the sofas in the living room, or request for extra beds (with extra charges, that is).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Audrey Y
Kaliningrad, Russia
Reviewed February 22, 2014

It`s located in the center of the town, which means lot of coffee-shops, restaurants, bistros around, then - there is a big mall right at the bottom of hotel, and another one, with cinemas, in 5 minutes walk. The beach is not far as well, but it`s not really suitable for rest, at this area. Breakfast is not bad at all - with wide choices of food, and it happens at 5th floor, terrace coffee (same level the pool is located). Now about kind a bad things: electrical sockets are UK style only (and electrical wiring is bit confusing - not straight forward, which button to push to make the light on desktop operational), Wi-Fi signal level was not strong enough to be available from any point of the room, room location...it is not really bad thing, just quite strange, obviously can be explained by general hotel design, but all the floor looks like labyrinth - should follow the signs, and avoid unnecessary turns to reach the room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed there for 6 night during the CNY time. Lucky still able to get a nice room for that period. The room is surprisingly nice and comfortable. Our room at Level 7, and room service is good. The breakfast still acceptable. Overall worth for the money , compare with other hotel in Miri.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food was surprisingly good at this hotel. However, there is an extreme flaw that i feel compelled to write about. My original smart phone charger was stolen and the hotel staff informed me that "there is nothing we can do about it". This is unacceptable.

i had checked out but was still in the hotel; and realized i had left my charger behind. this was within 2 hours of checking out. I went to reception and informed them upon which i was asked to wait and wait and wait. They said nobody found anything. I asked for the manager and was told he/she was having a briefing and could not be disturbed. Then they sent someone else to come soothe me, and am told the same thing. they found nothing and was i sure, absolutely sure.....

I am 100% sure that my phone charger was hanging in the power socket. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. If i did not have my charger how could i have had a phone that still worked? and no, i have not suddenly found the item among my packed suitcase. I was told they would continue to check and get back to me but it has been more than 2 weeks and nothing so far.

no action it seems has been taken against the staff that entered the room within 2 hours after i checked out. No effort was taken to check the cctv (if there was any).

i would recommend all guests to be extra vigilant about safety and security while staying in this hotel. For me, these two factors are paramount in my choice of place to stay.

Room Tip: lock your doors and never leave valuables unlocked
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dtscheen

Travelers are raving about these Miri hotels

london
Reviewed December 25, 2013

we stayed here for 3d2n at a 2dedroom apt. this place is clean and confortable and the receptionists are really helpful. it is quite centrally located as well hence it is within walking distance to bistro and bars.
just 1 advice for those who are planning to rent a car at the airport, avoid "kong teck" car rental, it's totally failed to deliver whatever they promised. you can find the attached a pic of its signboard at the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edwardfoo
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at 2 bedrooms apartment. They have the washing machine, cooking appliances and utensils, and the basic needs for a home. Although the furniture are old and need to be changed, all in all, the place is a comfortable place to stay. The location is strategic as it is annexed to a shopping mall and easy to buy food and also many restaurants outside the building and walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family