“Eat, Drink and Be Merry in Miri at Ming's.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ming Cafe

Ming Cafe
Ranked #1 of 214 Restaurants in Miri
Cuisines: Indian, Bar, Cafe, Asian, Pub, Malaysian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Manila, Philippines
“Eat, Drink and Be Merry in Miri at Ming's.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and myself dined at Ming's two nights in a row. On the first night 07 April, the place was crawling with tourists, mostly Westerners and some Southeast Asians like us. The establishment serves Western, Chinese and Indian cuisine. We tried indian for a change. The guy who waited on us was a Filipino and he was very friendly. We didn't have to wait long for our order, it was on our table in about 15 minutes, all 5 (sic) of them. We had a very spartan lunch that day so we were literally starving when we arrived in Miri. The indian food was, according to my husband, very good. He said he liked the chicken tandoori. I think their indian bread and its matching dip was very good. I particularly liked their Ming's Green Salad (or was it Miri Salad ? Can't recall) which I ordered as a side dish. The veggies looked and tasted fresh and it was so good I cleaned-up the plate. Our bill for the first night including drinks ? Fifty (50) Malaysian Ringgit , roughly fifteen (15) USD, which I think was cheap. On our second visit, there were more people but we were quite lucky one group was leaving when we got in. Our meals for the second night was less extravagant, Fish and Chips and beer for my husband and indian bread with a spicy dip for my self. Overall, my husband and myself think Ming's Café is a good and safe place to eat and drink and unwind after a hectic day's tour in Miri. And the prices are reasonable. However, you have to ignore and put up with some of the boisterous and noisy customers. We went thru this on our second night. According to our Filipino waiter who claims he has worked with Ming's for about 5 years, there has never been any incident of fighting among customers at Ming. Customers come to drink and when they get drunk, they laugh loudly and yell and shout but no fighting. Which is probably why it is the most popular place for tourists to hang out and be seen in Miri. Ming's accepts major credit cards and in addition to the local currency, their sign says they accept USD, Aussie dollars and Brunei dollars as payment. They also sell souvenir Ming's T-shirt at 25 MR each which I think is a bit high considering the not so good quality of the prints.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Breathless_in_Bali

• Indonesian first
Miri, Malaysia
“Slipping in service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I visit Ming cafe several times a week.
My past 2 visits have been poorer than normal.

Saturday evening they had a long list of "No have" foods and quite a few beers.
Sunday Lunch it was not very busy and took 15 muntes to get my drink, when 2 arrived at the same time, and a further 30 minutes & 3 reminders for Nachos ( hardly complicated) to arrive.

A shame as this is my fave watering hole.

Visited March 2014
England
“Lively, busy and a big happy hour interest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Have eaten here twice now, enjoyed the beer, food and three T V screens.
Music caught my ear and liked the rock style.
Check the bill - they got it completely wrong and were not the least embarrassed on having to go back and re write and re calculate.
I thought this to be a lively and fairly cheap place for dinner.
Happy hour finishes at 19.00 and is good value - two for the price of one. Guinness on draught was very enjoyable.

• Visited February 2014
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Great Place to Eat & Drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ming Cafe' (bar) in the center of Miri (Sarawak Borneo) is the place to go ! excellent service, cold beer and cheap !! Excellent selection of food, be it Asian, Local style or Western all a super.
Local DJ has the place heaving every night, good mix of age, great mix of music the DJ knows who to play for and what to play. Mings is an indoor out door venue so its caters for everyone. The owner and staff are super, they are willing to dom that little bit extra that makes you want to come back !!!! So when you are in Miri next - head to Ming's Café"

• Visited February 2014
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“A must visit if u r in Miri”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Very famous for a night out it confirmed its good reputation also on lunchtime n we enjoyed ambience n quality of food without crowd that is usually in the evening