Our trip of 2 + weeks was organised fantastically by Audley Travel who suggested a few nights at Lankayan. Well, I can tell you that this is a fantastic location, from the moment you land you are treated as..family and friends by such lovely friendly people (as found generally throughout Borneo/Sabah) who really went out of their way, without appearing even to try, to make you wlecome and comfortable. The waters around the island are amazingly clear, our sons spent 3 days diving whilst we swam, snorkelled, lazed and photographed. It is wonderful to wake up early to look out and see the sun rise reflecting on the water just 20ft from your door. A highlight was being woken at 1.30am (our request!) when a turtle landed and laid her eggs (92) on the beach. Thank you all at Lankayan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia