We stayed for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon to Malaysia and Borneo.
The island is stunning , only a handful of guests , picture postcard beaches and amazing blue sea with great snorkelling.
We did a dive which was good with lots of live coral and sea life, not cheap but by no means overly expensive.
Food is good , alcohol a tad expensive.
Accommodation is Simple and very clean.
Staff are all friendly as are the military who are based on the island ( Google it )
Some people may say it's not quite " luxury " enough ... And to be fair if you want to lay on a sun bed and be served cocktails they would be correct. In fact they could do with making the sun loungers on the beaches a bit more comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia