“Great Beer”
Review of Classic Hours Cafe & Dining - CLOSED

Classic Hours Cafe & Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We are opened daily from 11am onwards to close, during week day we do serve LUNCH PROMOTION from 11am to 3pm. We are serving Western Cuisine such as Salad, Grills, Steaks, Pasta, Pizza, Snacks and etc. For beverages, we are serving variety choices of coffee, tea, smoothies, yogurt, iced and iced blended. Classic Hours also a place that can consider for Happy Hours as we are serving varieties of draught, beers, liquors and wines too. We are providing comfortable smoking & Non Smoking area.
Melaka
“Great Beer”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

A really enjoyable watering hole for a nice western style meal and a couple of beers. It has a few different eating and drinking areas, inside in the air-con both upstairs and downstairs (great for watching the sport on one of the flatscreen or for a game of pool) and a outside covered area. Staff are friendly and attentive, and there is a good beer menu by draught or bottle. It is located in the new Prima Square area which is about a 10 minute car trip from Sabah Hotel.

• Visited September 2013

Hong Kong, China
“Good steaks, fresh beer”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Would never have found this place without trip advisor. It is a good 15 minute taxi ride from the centre of Sandakan.

The town itself has little to offer the Western traveller, it is a dirty, working fishing port with a working fruit, veg, meat and fish market. Shops are none existent and the waterfront cafes leave a lot to be desired.

Tourists come here for the wildlife sanctuaries which do not disappoint. We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton which is nice, modern clean and separately reviewed.

Classic Hours serves good Western Style food, great service and a proper bar. Worth the tax ride. Make sure you make arrangements with the tai driver to collect you after the meal and take his phoe number, the cafe will phone him when you are ready.

A great find, thanks trip advisor!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cleggy11362
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best place for reasonably priced western food in sandakan at this point. Better than Balin or English tea house definitely!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is like a hidden gem. Didn't actually know it existed until a friend mentioned this place.

Having tried their food, I'd give this place two thumbs up!! Given the price, the food and the atmosphere, all in all a better choice to have western food than Balin or the English tea house. Better price, better taste, better portions - my personal opinion that is.

Most of their main dishes are pretty good, although the fish and chips can be a bit of a hit and miss, but otherwise other dishes are relatively consistent. And you don't have to wait too long for the food to arrive.

Atmosphere is very rustic. Even the way the toilets are laid out. Not half bad, I'd say. I prefer the second floor, as it's non smoking.

They have a bar and a pool table downstairs, tho I've never seen anyone actually play pool there before.

Again, as I mentioned, ever since I've been here... This is the place for my western food fix in sandakan. Sick of the long waits and inconsistent, overpriced food at both English tea house and Balin.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ElusiveLi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An absolutely superb dining”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Magnificent food all round. The rib eye and fish and chips so amazing and perfectly cooked! Drinks were perfectly served - cold & fast!! Service was good. The spaghetti carbonara was so great, I'd totally tell all my friends who love carbonara, and all my visiting friends from abroad, to go have a bite.

I could gush about the Chef salad, which was done so perfectly that the greens were fresh yet filling, the sauce tangy yet not too sour.. Restaurants we tried in Sandakan after it, didn't quite measure up. The environment so cool and unique that can't get elsewhere. A tip to the proverbial cap, and I hope to be back soon!

• Visited October 2012