I live in Malaysia and work in Tourism and recently stayed at SJR so I have a good feel for this accommodation. It is run by a logging and palm oil businessman, and it a pure money making resort. This reflected in the service I got. When I was there, I found the service poor and everything came at a price - one tip, walk 5 minutes to Sepilok Orangutan Centre rather than pay lots of money for one of their "guides" who are useless. Oh, and they tried overcharging me. The rooms were basic but okay, if not a little overpriced again. I would say that the grounds are beautiful, the ambience nice and it is close to Sepilok Orangutan Centre. But all in all I would search for something better for a rewarding stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5 minutes walk to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, Sepilok Jungle Resort offers comfortable lodging for visitors around the world to get close but un-intrusive glimpse of this nature paradise. It is enclosed within a tropical virgin Borneo Rainforest in Sandakan, Sabah (Borneo), Malaysia. Let its beautiful landscaped gardens and wide expanse of lush jungle transport you back in time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sepilok Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Jungle Hotel Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia