In our second week of our 3 week Brunei/ Borneo adventure my husband and I stayed at Sepilok Jungle Resort and celebrated our 28 th wedding anniversary. Our room had a balcony which overlooked the beautiful lush gardens and ponds . The price was very reasonable and included breakfast and free wifi . We were very happy with our evening dinners and choose local fish , rice and vegetables with a Tiger beer or lemon teas in Banana Cafe . The cafe was a good 5 minute board walk away and most was not covered . So just take your umbrella in case it rains on your walk back . We found the desk staff very helpful , had laundry done and took the shuttle to the airport when we left . Our room was comfortable with an air conditioner and jug supplied . TV was there but we didn't watch it anyway as we would rather be nature spotting . SORC (Orang utans) only 5-10 minutes walk so we visited there for day feeding time and the guided night spotting walk ( see SORC review ) . Around the Jungle Resort we watched the antics of a beautiful black and red Provosts squirrel , and bird watched around the nearby roadside with close views of Pied Hornbills . On our second day we walked up to the Rainforest Discovery Centre which took me about 25 minutes so leave early to beat the heat but once there you can enjoy the canopy walk and towers and the cooler forest and shade below . We spotted numerous birds including several Kingfisher species also saw an Orang utan swinging through trees and several Proboscis monkeys . Quite a hot walk back so again always take plenty of water , drinks . Breakfast at Sepilok Jungle resort was a little confusing as there did seem to be small bus loads of tourists arriving as part of their longer tour but in any case both staff and other travels we found very friendly . . Initially toast and tea was available which was fine for me but not long afterwards there was also eggs , baked beans and noodles . Drinks and ice creams could be bought there also and there was a small souvenier shop in the office . We enjoyed our 2 nights stay and would recommend a stay and would return their ourselves . Comfortable and relaxing with easy access to wildlife and nature opportunities .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5 minutes walk to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, Sepilok Jungle Resort offers comfortable lodging for visitors around the world to get close but un-intrusive glimpse of this nature paradise. It is enclosed within a tropical virgin Borneo Rainforest in Sandakan, Sabah (Borneo), Malaysia. Let its beautiful landscaped gardens and wide expanse of lush jungle transport you back in time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sepilok Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Jungle Hotel Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia