“Nice food and friendly staff”
Review of tomato restaurant - CLOSED

tomato restaurant
Cuisines: Malaysian
Description: one of the most famous restaurant for local people in Sandakan town.
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This restaurant is right next door to the Nak hotel and as it was full of locals we thought would give it a go. The staff were very friendly and the food arrived very promptly, we had chicken egg noodle soup and the Kampung fried rice and both dishes were very nice.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I wonder who posted/recommended the mentioned restaurant??

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I've had some bad Asian food in my time but this was the worst.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Not sure if I went to a different tomato but I didn't think the food was that great at all. I had the tomato Nasi goreng which I would have thought was their house special. But I got greasy fried chicken some shrimp with mayo and some half fried rice. I was expecting delicious local food after the other reviews. They should also invest in some sturdier cutlery as I complement bent my spoon.
Staff was friendly though but not going back and I still have a couple of days in sandakan.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Nice helpful staff and good local food at great prices. Average price for a main meal was about 6 ringgets. A huge menu with so mush variety, both asian and other. Eating area was very clean. The washroom could do with a major revamp and a clean up but overrall very good. We ate here everyday. Keep up the good work