“Nice place”

English Tea House & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Sandakan
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The English Tea House is a colonial style English restaurant. It is situated next to the Agnes Keith House and overlooks Sandakan Bay
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We ate here as part of our trip and had the set menu which was good. It took a bit of time to come, but our guide had said this is often the case and had factored the time in.

Pleasant place to spend a lunchtime.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

A pleasant afternoon spent eating a cream tea over looking a Sandakan bus stop? Look the other way you can look out over the harbour and the approaches to Sandakan.
The table service was a bit hit and miss, guess we had the new trainee serving us as ordering was difficult although the waiter spoke Malay and English he forgot to bring sugar/beer/milk etc.
This, in the UK would really annoy me, but on a hill in Sandakan I really didn't care. I accepted that this is the way it is in Sandakan and that makes you enjoy the tearooms and relax.
The staff were pleasant and polite, they ordered a taxi for us when we asked no problems.
Would I visit again?

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Ok..this is the second time i have been there. And sad to say, it was not as good as before. I ordered the Royal Tea Set, the selections was lesser than before. Honestly speaking, the Tea Set at Pacific Sutera at the same price of RM35++ is better than the one serving in English Tea House. The good part is, love the venue, love the environment, beautiful sunset, lovely setting, especially when they turn on the lights around at about 6.30pm. Very romantic. Toilet really needs improvement, it is dirty, i guess it is lacked of schedule cleaning. For such a great place, i guess this very simple place, washroom, should be ensured clean at all times.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely scone wif cloated cream and strawbery jam . My friend said she want me to send her some scone to kl . Miz that taste .

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

You overlook the new part of Sandakan and the Agnes Keith House is just around the same compound. Scones served with whipped cream and jam are to die for. Very friendly staff. Will definitely visit when I drop by again.