Had a great time here. The Oz travellers Simon & Louise whom I met here were a fun couple. The staff was attentive. The rooms were basic and very clean. The water heater worked. No aircond but you are hardly in your room! The activities were packed so we were hardly ever in the rooms. Thank goodness there rubber boots for rent! It was muddy on our walks!
Our guide had limited spoken English but was attentive and tried his best to fill our eyes with sightings of wildlife and plants.
Great value.. I was never bored. The food average taste (i'm picky) but plenty.
The only complaint is to improve the Audio Visual room but these lodges are always 'a work in progress'.
Spotted the Western Tarsier 15mins into the night walk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic chalets and dormitory rooms set in Kampung Bilit Kinabatangan, be ready to watch abundance of wildlife from the comfort of boat rides. Transfers to and fro Nature Lodge Kinabatangan and meals are included in the tour prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Nature Lodge Kinabatangan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Hotel Sandakan
- Nature Lodge Kinabatangan Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia