This hotel is in a pretty good location right on the harbour. It has a new shopping mall next door and lots of local restaurants close by, plus a couple of reflexology places. The Harbour cafe is close as well and open until late. The room I had on the corner on the 6th floor was ok, however I had no view of the harbour as there was a building directly in front of my window. It was large and comfortable, though there was some mould and a mouldy smell in the bathroom. They were also doing renovations on the level in several of the rooms so there was a little noise and smell of paint and glue in the hall. The breakfast included was just average but certainly normal for this level of hotel. Sandakan downtown is fairly small and easy to get around and is location is good as a central point. The central and wet markets are close by as well. Location is the best point of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically situated at the Sandakan Harbour Square, a prominent leisure and commercial hub in Sabah, S’kan Styles Hotel is a trendy, colorful-designed hotel standard facilities to accommodate both international and domestic travelers. This part of the beautiful Borneo Island has so much to offer to all travelers with its tropical paradise and renowned ecotourism adventures. S’kan Styles Hotel has 133 well-appointed rooms and suites with vibrant colors and design, overlooking either the waterfront or bustling Sandakan town. Each room offers the ultimate sleep with bedding, minibar, LCD flat screen TV, tea-coffee maker and free Wi-Fi internet access throughout the hotel. Private bathrooms are fitted with a rain shower. Near the hotel, guests will find an eclectic mix of unique shops and chic sidewalk cafes. To mingle with the locals, head to the central market where local produce and fresh-from-the-sea seafood can be found. The hotel is located only a 30-minute drive from the Sandakan Airport. Guests can also explore wide range of famous ecotourism destinations nearby, such as Sepilok Orang Utan conservation, Kinabatangan river cruise, Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, and many more. TREATS Restaurant & rooftop, overlooking a beautiful ocean view where perfect spots for both business and leisure travelers to relax and experience the various food and beverage options available throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your S'kan Styles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Inn Waterfront Sandakan Hotel Sandakan
- Swiss Hotel Waterfront Sandakan
- S'Kan Styles Hotel Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia