“Nothing extraordinary”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went to Yee Lin restaurant based on the review stating that it is one of the best seafood restaurant in Pangkor. Was a bit disappointed - perhaps my expectations were too high? Was expecting fresh sea food due to close proximity to sea. But felt that the standard was similar to Kuala Lumpur and the price is not competitive either. :-(

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Our best meal in Pangkor Island, try the Sambal Fish. So delicious! They did halal food too!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

We waited for more than one & half hour to be served with foods on 7 Jan's night! Never before a restaurant with such bad service! Also, no apology from the boss when we made payment! I notice that some customers walked out after being ignored! Very sad to see such bad service!

2  Thank Hanifflai
Reviewed January 8, 2012

You have to go early if you want to avoid the crowd. I went there around 8.15pm on saturday and it took around an hour before the food gets served. I can't imagine those customers that come in around 9something. I am sure they have to wait for soem time.

Food wise, nothing special about it. Why I say so is, the frying method is the same, just that the sauce is different. So if you ordered few different types of seafood, you can expect the appearence is the same just that the sauce/ gravy is different. And the food is quite oily.

If I were to travel to Pangkor, I will try some other restaurants for a change.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Call me bias. But this is where you should pop by to have a slightly-above average seafood experience when in Pangkor.

The much raved about Dry chili Crayfish turned out to be disappointing but with a few other seafood dishes on the side, it saved the day.

We had their famous Steamed fish in Laksa Sauce. Very value for money and yes, it was good on the tastebuds. The soft-shell crab dish was all meat, crunchy & yum. I also had prawns- cereal styled because I can never not have them at the table when it's a seafood dinner. It wasn't disappointing.

It's a family-oriented place. Not fancy looking but sorta like a typical Chinese sit-down and let's just focus on the food environment.

Guess what? With 4-5 dishes for two hungry beings, the overall bill didn't even cross 95RM.

That's what I call a bloody good meal.

1  Thank teafurnee