This was a very special 50th birthday present from my wife. Eschewing the convenient, but boring way to arrive by plane, we took the more adventurous (and incredibly cheap)six hour bus trip from KL and the commercial ferry from Mersing port. As soon as we arrived on Tioman we were greeted with a huge, welcoming smile and whisked across the sea to the resort in our very own speedboat. From that moment on, the smiles didn't stop. Everyone working at Bagus made us feel so welcome and continued to do so for our whole stay. We can't thank everyone enough for making our short visit such a pleasure. Immediately off the jetty, our luggage was spirited away whilst we enjoyed a cocktail and welcoming chat and it was clear that we didn't need to worry about anything for the next few days - just relax and take in the beautiful surroundings, beach, flora and fauna, quietness and tranquility. Our chosen chalet was Rumah Laut and it couldn't have been more perfect. A little bit secluded from the beach and other chalets, we could open all the louvered doors and reveal the amazing beach below us. Evening meals are served, for all the guests, in one sitting and it's a nice touch to get everyone together once a day. Our restaurant hosts are equally warmly welcoming and serve wonderful Malaysian/local dishes. (Hot tip: They make best spicy Mee Goreng ever, served at lunchtime). A surprise birthday cake was smuggled in and made for a very special evening.
Arguably, the best things about Bagus Place happen on and off the jetty. The water was incredibly clear, warm as a bath and teeming with aquatic life. (There are no scuba facilities on the resort, but you will be richly rewarded just with the snorkeling! Take a snorkel, mask and fins and go for an amazing swim off the end.Take your time and you'll see plenty.) Then after a rewarding day of activities, a wonderful evening meal, we headed for the bar to enjoy a drink and the ever happy company of our hosts.
We left a few days later - sadly - but with the warmest feeling in our hearts. A short holiday which will last in our memories for a very long time. Thank you again Bagus Place. We hope you will sustain your privately owned resort and resist the rampant ,commercial, Langkawi-style businesses which are surely just around the next cove and we look forward to coming to see you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT in Tioman Island Bagus Place Retreat is nestled quietly on one of the most beautiful islands in the world called Tioman.A peaceful sanctuary of breathtaking natural beauty we invite you to rejuvenate body and mind and be enchanted by the sights and sounds of nature. Our guests will find luscious and unspoiled paradise. Clear waters and lush jungles provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as jungle trekking, snorkeling, kayaking and diving, and beach ball games. Outdoor activities not your thing? Pick up a book from our library try out our sun-loungers on the long secluded beach. Our activities are child friendly so your little ones will be occupied at all times. Our long wooden jetty provides for exciting walks and a fascinating look at coral fish and turtles. Snorkellers will be rewarded with views of the living tropics reefs of Tioman Island. Bagus Place aim to work in harmony with the environment and local community, offering a unique holiday experience to our guests. The only ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT in Tioman Island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Bagus Place Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagus Place Retreat Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Bagus Place Retreat Pulau Tioman