We spent 7 nights at Bagus place and we loved it. Why? Because the water is hot, the water is right there, and there are not so many people at this resort. We could just lounge in the sun and on the beach every day, our little girl loved that.
There are some (for some people) major drawbacks to Bagus place.
1. The food is not good--very few fresh ingredients are used, and both breakfast and lunch very quickly get monotonous and boring. HOWEVER some other families with kids who we talked to really liked the food, so this depends on your expecations and what you are used to. I´ll give you some examples:
-There is only one salad dressing, it is used for everything
-The bread is white and from a factory
-The juices are from cans and cartons
-Some of the cooked vegetables are also canned
-The squid is possibly the most chewy squid I ever had in my life, ever. (and you can see squid swimming in the sea from the pier)
On a positive not about food we asked to eat what the staff had for brekfast and lucnh which was actually quite good some days.
2. The new staff don´t know how to make drinks (but they are very friendly:))
3. There are far to few sand toys and swim toys
4. There is a local girl who can be quite mean to your kids if you don´t watch it
5. The place is in lack of some TLC (this only matters if you have an eye for that kind of thing)
Also note that the place has just changed owners, and so some changes may be underway. The new owner was there during our stay but did not seem interested in our opinions, so perhaps that is not the best omen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT in Tioman Island Bagus Place Retreat is nestled quietly on one of the most beautiful islands in the world called Tioman.A peaceful sanctuary of breathtaking natural beauty we invite you to rejuvenate body and mind and be enchanted by the sights and sounds of nature. Our guests will find luscious and unspoiled paradise. Clear waters and lush jungles provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as jungle trekking, snorkeling, kayaking and diving, and beach ball games. Outdoor activities not your thing? Pick up a book from our library try out our sun-loungers on the long secluded beach. Our activities are child friendly so your little ones will be occupied at all times. Our long wooden jetty provides for exciting walks and a fascinating look at coral fish and turtles. Snorkellers will be rewarded with views of the living tropics reefs of Tioman Island. Bagus Place aim to work in harmony with the environment and local community, offering a unique holiday experience to our guests. The only ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT in Tioman Island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Bagus Place Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagus Place Retreat Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Bagus Place Retreat Pulau Tioman