“Please check the equipments”
Review of Eco-Divers

Eco-Divers
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have divided with them few times. My first four dives were good. But my fifth dive air tank was 110 bars during the dive and within 3-4 minutes it dropped to 40 bars that too we were in shallow waters. Then I came back after two weeks, I had full tank 180 bars to start with, by the time we reached dive site the reading was nearly 160 bars. Instructor gave me his gears and we started our dive. I was not able breathe through the primary then had to make use of my secondary.While finishing the dive, on the surface I tried to inflate my BCD but the air was leaking and I kept drowning. BCD did not get inflated at all, I had to swim to the nearest rock to cling on to it. I have dived with at least 4 other dive centers but never faced an issue like this.overall its a nice dive center with nice people but equipments be really careful.

5  Thank Prabhu_shankar_87
There are newer reviews for Eco-Divers

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I went to Eco-Divers right before the end of the season to get my Advanced Certification. The island was practically shut down, which meant half of my lessons were one-on-one with my awesome Dive Instructor Carmen. Water near the the shop was pretty murky when I was there but for one of the days we went about an hour by boat to some remote islands and the water was crystal clear with tons of sea life.
Carmen was an awesome instructor; super patient and really knowledgeable of marine life. She took me on my first night dive and now I'm hooked! Her passion for marine life is inspiring. She's moved on to somewhere else in the world but I'm sure there are other awesome dive instructors there now!
It's a small dive shop in comparison to the other big shops but still professional and you get personalized service. I like that you have to clean and prep your own equipment; divers should be responsible for their equipment so they can have a better understanding of their surroundings.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I been there 3 times, I just simply love this place. Numbers of family of mine, friends, friends of friends done the courses and leisure dives with them and they all seems quite happy with Eco-Divers.
Well, Tioman might not the top dive place in the world, but its beautiful enough. Especially dive with Eco-divers, u will just feel home. The instructors and divemasters are friendly, helpful and most importantly, professional! The owners, Jeff and Michelle, they are so helpful with all the arrangement, transports, equipments purchase or rental, or even accommodation which I think its really not part of their responsible.
Always help yourself for coffee and tea in the dive center whenever u feel like a tea break. Grab a book and chill at the coffee table. Or can just spend ur time chilling with other divers, have a fun chat, exchange ur knowledge about diving. The people there never selfish to share informations or help up to sort ur problems.
Dive cost absolutely reasonable and it goes lower and lower with more dives, which is great for ppl like me who want to dive but pay in a budget.
Easy access too. Like 2 to 5 mins walk to the dive center from ur accommodation and jetty. I love it as I can just wake up in the last minute and run to them. They never give any hard time even u don't dive for the day but just chilling at their place, they literally very welcome to us just to sit around and do nothing. And I am going on my 4th time to Eco-Divers coming weekend! Already excited about it now!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

For me Jeff and the staff at Eco-Divers had the right balance in the Scuba Diver Course between thoroughness and relaxed engagement. Jennie--my instructor--was really good at working with different types of learners and finding rapport with each. Since diving is so much a 3D engagement through and with the body, I found that to be fantastic for connecting the bookish parts with actually doing the scuba diving for a beginner. The laid-back atmosphere might not be for everybody, but the people at Eco Divers are all top notch pro's.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The only dive centre in Tioman that open all year round including the green season. But due to the choppy sea condition, diving during monsoon season would be limited to 3 sites : Marine Park, Pirate Reef & Sawadee Wreck.

We went there in a group of 9 during end of Feb 2014 where the season just opened. Though tank were a bit short , for big group like us, and compressed air pressure were usually on the low side (lucky to get 180 bar), the experience n dive site knowledge of their DMs made up to it.

Facilities here are just basic. They will carry yr assembled gear & tank to the jetty, so divers can walk comfortably to board boats .

Nearest accommodation to this dive centre is Nordin's place, just a few steps away.