We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Tioman
Mokhtar's Place
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed in the bungalow nearest the beach with private bathroom for $50 RM per night. It was very basic, but clean enough and we slept well. The owner was great, he helped us no matter if reception was open or not. I highly recommend the Coral Island snorkeling trip they offer- it was a great day! We only wanted to stay 2 nights but ended up staying more because we enjoyed it so much. Very peaceful island vibe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KariC86

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The ferry service in mersing has business with this place, so I unwittingly booked one night through them for 50 RM (the cheapest option). When I arrived, I noticed the sign said single rooms were 30, and as a single traveler I enquired about that. They told me the room was not clean so I would have to stay in the double, and I could switch the next day. I already thought this was a bit misleading but fine. The next morning, I went at checkout time (10 am), but the man did not show up til 10:30. When I asked if I could switch to the single, he said that he would not have time to clean it that day (even though check in time was not until 2 pm), he was very busy, don't push him, and if I didn't want to stay in the 50 RM room I could leave. He was very rude to me, and then even told me that since it was past check out time if I tried to stay longer I would have to pay. Obviously he was ready to clean the more expensive room, but not the cheaper single one to help me out. I talked to other people who had similar experiences with very rude and lazy staff. There are better, more friendly options on the island....don't stay here!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed June 6, 2013

we spent 3 days in mokhtar s place in double beed room which cost 60RM. I think place is really cool, clean and quiet. Accomodoation is not so basic for this part of island....u can find more easyest than this ;)
I reccomend because it is good value/money choise...
There is only one problem - lazy stuff....at morning is check out at 10, but nobody there....if u want internet, which is not included in price they told u at moment not work - common - one hour ago it is work...and so on....so...- only for lazzy stuff ;)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed there in september 2012 .We came for 3 days and finally stayed for 6 days. The location was really perfect , in front of the main beautiful beach of abc beach . Is well located not far from the main restaurants Nazi and mawar . and not far from the way to Tekek , if you want to walk until there. You can rent bikes very cheap and snorkelling activities.
Rooms are very cleans , we took bungalows face to the sea , big size bec with a very clean and big bathroom. Bungalows very cheap for what it is. 60 ringgit.With Fan
Mokhtar the owner is very kind and cool.
I recommend highly this place

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samanthadane
LisaToh, Manager at Mokhtar's Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hello there,

Thank you for taking your time to write the review.

We are glad that you both enjoyed your stay with us here at Mokhtar's. You are most welcome to come back anytime.

Thanks again for staying with us and for the review :-)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here a couple of days ago. A single room is 30 ringgit, a double is 50 ringgit. For those prices anything above a decent bed and a roof above your head is a bonus. My bungalow was very basic, but had it's own bathroom, was clean enough and had a big mosquito net which was a big plus as there are quite some insects. They should fix the wifi though, that's my only complaint.

I'm mainly writing this review because the 2 other reviews both have one star, which is just plain underrating.

Location is great, just 10 meters of the beach! And surroundings are really nice. If you're on a budget this is a very decent place to stay. As the title states, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank koekmens

Hi there,

Thank you for taking your time to write the review for our place.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Mokhtar's. As for the wifi, it's up and running good.

Thank you again for staying with us and for the review.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We arrived to Tioman in the evening and at ABC-beach it seemed that there wasn't any free accommodation available, so we ended up Mokhtar Place. They had a couple of bungalows available, and I don't wonder why. The bungalows were outdated, in poor condition and very dirty. Also the bed linens looked dirty but it may be that they were so worn that they no longer left clean. Also, the walls and floor were dirty.
Shower/WC was big and it was best part of the bungalow, however, that wasn't much either. And towels were not including in the price.
The price 80RM/night was expensive compared with quality of the bungalow and general price level at ABC.
We changed to another place after one night...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brunoiivana
LisaToh, Manager at Mokhtar's Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thank you for ur response.

Our room rate for our budget rooms are as follows :
(fan room with bathroom attached with cold shower)
Single Room - RM 30 (1 x single bed)
Double Room - RM 50 / RM 60 (1 X double bed)
Triple Room - RM 60 ( 1 x single bed & 1 x double bed)

Our family room rate is :
(air-conditioner, hot shower, mini-fridge)
Family Room - RM 220 (2 x single beds & 1 x double bed)

just for info, we do not and have never had any room that cost Rm80 per nite. But i will definitely check your claim. Thanx for the review. we will do our best to bring the best to the travellers.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Mokhtar's motto is "give your money, shut up, an leave". We had some very unpleasent situation with Mokhtar when a Divemaster came to our bungalow to talk about a divetrip next day. Mokhtar appears and he rudly demanded him to leave. It was not possible to talk to him some things for the next day.
Same with our neighbor, he wanted to share some fotos with a dive body, also not staying at Mokhtars place. Same story. Very rude and no dicussion.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doc S

Hi there,

Thank u for the review. First and foremost .thanx for staying with us and we are sorry that u feel that u have an unpleasant stay with us.
We do have a policy of not letting outsiders into the chalets and guests' areas since we've had bad experiences with outsiders who came and create unpleasant situations and atmosphere to our guests in the past. BUT, we practice and have open reception, so if any people who want to see our guest , they are most welcome to come to the reception and meet up there, futhermore, we have tables and bench right outside the reception area next to the beach.
I hope u and ur partner will have a pleasant journey where ever u go, and again, we are truly sorry u feel this way. However thank you for ur stay.