I had selected Berjaya Tioman for my honeymoon destination after doing a lot of research on various resorts in south east asia. The reason we took Tioman was because it was not over crowded like other destinations such as Langkawi, Phuket, Goa, etc. The entire trip was eventful and a lot of fun.
To begin with we had taken Berjaya Air from KL to Tioman. The flight was very bumpy; however it was a lot better than taking a ferry to Tioman. The airport was very nice and gave a personal touch and we had the hotel transport ready to drop us to Berjaya hotel immediately. Within an hour of landing we were at the hotel. We had booked a deluxe sea facing chalet. The first room we got was a little away from the sea and we immediately called the reception who send room service to shift us to a better room right on the beach. The room was big and comfortable with all the amenities in place. The hotel had a few good restaurents, though we either ate at Sri Nelayan or at the bar. The buffet for breakfast and dinner were both very good with an amazing variety of cuisine.
One must go to Tioman with an expectation to just lay back and take in nature. There is nothing much to do. We did snorkelling one day, went driving to Juara to see the Turtle santuary and some waterfall another day, trekking to Moneky bay one day. Most of the time we just sat in the beach and enjoyed the sunset and the water. Walking around Tioman is a lot of fun. Its a very small island and Berjaya is located in the main village. Hence there are a bunch of local restaurents and duty free outlets that one can visit. We experimented a lot with the local food and i must say it was very nice.
The only downside to Berjaya Tioman was that some of the facilities are a little old. For example the ac was leaking one day. But these are really small things compared to the beauty of the place. The hotel staff are also very cordial and keep smiling. So all in all a nice place.
I have already recommended Tioman to other friiends and couples and i am sure they would enjoy it as much as us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel