We stayed at this resort for 4 nights in the superior chalets . We had 3 rooms ... 209, 210, 212 . ( 21 June - 25 June 2014 )
On reaching the ferry terminal at tioman Islands , there was a bus meant for 20 people waiting when we were around 35 people going to the property ... So there we were waiting in the hot summer sun with our luggage for the bus to drop off the passengers and then come back for us !!!!
Didn't the property staff know how many people were checking in that day !!!!
On reaching the property after a 7 hour trek from Singapore ... Only 1 room was ready at 2 pm the other 2 rooms we got after an hour ....
The room air con in room 209 was switching off every hour on its own ... On calling the technician he said we would just have to switch it on every hour throughout our stay !!!!
Even the staff at the reception didn't help out !!!
Also such a big property didn't have ice ..... They had run out of ice even though we were ready to pay for it !!!
The bright side was the staff in the dining area especially the Nepalese interns who went out of their way to service us !!!
Also the pool was closed by 7 pm on a beach resort ... No bar operational by the pool ... The jacuzzi was only for show - cold water with no pressure !!!
Choice of alcohol bad .... The listed brands not available !!!
Overall a good property but too many let downs and service attitude problem ...
Think before u book !!!!
P.S - don't book through berjaya Singapore as the car n driver were a total disaster !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel