My wife and i had cancel our Gold Coast Australia trip to join our dearest uncles and aunties to Tioman. There are 15 of us. We had chosen Berjaya Tioman for our accomodation.
We were greeted by a Resort Staff once we got down from the ferry and was ushered to the Bus pick up point. The Bus driver assist us with the luggage loading and unloading. We are quite happy with the service at this point where staff are efficient and polite.
We had booked for a Deluxe room, we are happy to see the room was extremely neat and clean. Aircon was superbly cold but one of the two fans has tweaking sounds which is better to be turn off. The room has plenty of storage and even had an electronic safe deposit box which looks new (CHUBB) in the closet. There is also a electronic mosquito repellant provided but we never used as there arent any mosquitoes bites during our stay. Kudos to Berjaya as the landscape and area is very clean. While resting by the beach bench,i could see housekeeping staff doing their rounds and even security staff patrolling which make me more confident our five nights stay will b great. However in the evening, there is a powertrip but was rectify half hour later. Due to the powertrip our aircon was down and need a techinician to come over.Again staff was efficient and rectified within minutes.
RECOMMENDATION: We tried the Seafood BBQ Restaurant outside the resort by the bridgeand it is fantastic. Food is not only nice but cheap and there is variety of them especially local menus. We had even brought along our fishing catch to them and request them to cook to our choice of menu.
BEWARE: Of the travel booth outside the resort before the bridge. We are con by a guy named BOB. Tanned local guys who will approached you and make you achieve your dream holiday but on the actual day he will give you lots of reason and also demand extra payment. Even the boatman and taxi tried to get some cash out of our misery. I will not elaborate more of this unpleasant experience but we end up splitting into two groups where 1st group go back to resort and the other ones accounter a faulty engine boat which they end up goin back to shore when its dark. So lesson learnt for us we make our hiking,waterfall and snorkelling booking via the resort desk.
The resort hiking guide Mr Salam is very helpful in giving us tips and advice to make our hiking,waterfall and snorkelling trip a great one. This is much needed as we are travelling with 1infant and 4 kids in our group of 15 people. Booking itinary with the resort desk is far recommended as the guides and drivers are staff of Berjaya resorts. Even the 4wd we took are in good conditions which is also property of the resort. We really felt treated like a VIPs.
Please check your bills upon your check out cos the resort charge us for the mini bars which we dont even utilize. According to the bill,we had consumed all the mini bars and being replace everyday towards our stay. We refused to pay and demand the front desk to check. She just pick up the phone and put down,erase those claims. Not even checking or words on the phone...Weird!! But we dont have to pay for it.
Although different people has different reviews and thoughts about their experience in this resort. For me and family,this is just another place to get away from reality,the hustle and bustle of the city. Its worth every penny and good place for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel