“Horrible hospitality I ever received. Won't coming back.”
Review of Sri Sentosa Chalet

Sri Sentosa Chalet
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Horrible hospitality I ever received. Won't coming back.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I always try to be professional as I could in all my reviews. Stayed 2 nights at Sri Sentosa Chalet Kg. Mukut, Tioman with my friends & their kids. 38 person in total. Sri Sentosa Chalet could be a perfect place for us. The village is peaceful, nice long beach & cooling river next to our rooms.

BUT the owner/operator screwed it. This is the first time I/we been treated this way. I can say they have no manner & horrible hospitality toward us. We're feel unwelcome. Maybe because we are local people (Malaysian). They keep bragging about foreigner customers & show off how good is their children are (like we're really care).

After we get off from the ferry, I looked forward to meet the operator/owner at Kg. Mukut jetty. We met Aisyah & Zamros. Not event a single word welcoming us, instead Aisyah's first sentence to me was "you're very unorganised !" .....blaming me as "unorganised" because I did not advise them about our ferry schedule to them and keep babbling blaming me. I did email them earlier about our check-in date & check-out date and as operator they should aware about ferry schedule and its not my problem.

Booking process was not convenience, they don't reply email quickly. You need to call them. We are not getting exactly what we booked at the end. We have to agree because they are seem kind of up-tight to us and we already paid 50% as deposit earlier. We don't have much choice.

They keep remind us about chalet rules like we are too stupid to understand.

There are common area in front of our chalet rooms. nice area to hangout with friends. They switch off the light at night and we have to pay RM10/night to light up these common area. It's like you book a hotel room and you have to pay the extra RM10/night just to switch on the light.

Young staffs are not friendly, especially chalet owner's son. He don't show respect to us as a guest. He is kind of cocky when he speak to us.

The rooms was kind of bit run down and the water heater was not functioning, but we don't really mind about that, as long as they show us a little bit of respect. I/We will never coming back to Sri Sentosa Chalet again.

Not recommended, especially to local guest. they kind of double standard between foreigner & local guest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
16 Thank amin1984

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A hotel in a peaceful village. Me and my friend stayed there for 4days and they had the best service. Really good food that we never aten before. The owner and the family are very wonderfull people. Really careing and helpfull. Its so close to the beatch that you can fall asleep to the waves. And at their beatch its a good snorkeling swim. Its a calm and beautiful place to stay, nothing you never will forget.

Thanks for everything Aischa and Zamros!!
/ Maja & Malin, sweden.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank malinmaja
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Aisha thumbs up! A Malay kampung without much accommodation amenities but with excellent service. Wonderful place for fishermen and tourists who want a peaceful lifestyle. I wouldn't have noticed this place until our friends brought us on this trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tan C
Singapore
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Kg Mukut is a quiet malay village in the south of Tioman where Sri Sentosa Chalet is located. I would never have gone there until my sister (who is a repeated customer) introduced me to this place. The chalet is clean but do not expect amenities like what they have in a 4/5 star resort styled accomodation. It's a very simple and basic (bring your own toiletries and towel) chalet, although there's aircon and fan. Be prepared for possible power outtage and sometimes, the hot water may run very slow( in that case, you can always have a cold shower as the water comes from the natural waterfall).

Travellers expecting a secluded, exclusive resort with 5 star amenities (eg Japamala, Bagus resort) should note that this is not like those at all. If that is the expectation, Sri Sentosa is not the place for you. Sir Sentosa gives you no frills, it is first and foremost a clean and simple chalet set in a malay village, a humble and innocent place where you will be met with genuine hospitality from the heart.

What sets it apart from the beautiful hotels and resorts along its path is the excellent service they provide. The owners Zamros and Aishah are sincere and very genuine. And I might say, rather resourceful as well! Once, we were hiking across to find natural beaches so we could tan, swim and snorkel, however dark clouds were approaching and heavy rain was likely. Aishah managed to find us a speedboat back before the short thunderstorm, otherwise, it would be another 2 hrs trek in rain through the jungles back to the chalet. In fact while we were on the speedboat back, Zamros and his staff were on their motorbikes going to one of the resorts where we stopped to pick up anyone who is tired. Such is the attentiveness to their guests!

As Kg Mukut is in the south, we needed to travel about 15 mins by boat to the Marine Park. The journey up north is beautiful, you pass by the twin peaks, some natural beach and also some upmarket resorts. After snorkeling, we had packed lunch (nasi lemak). Thecoconut rice plus eggs, fried groundnuts, and sambal squid were yummy!

And the second day we even explored new snorkeling grounds(Aishah's new find) and managed to see 2 large humphead parrot fishes ( probably 1/2m in length), white sea urchin, smaller parrot fishes, clown fishes, giant clams etc...( I didn't manage to see the shark but someone saw a reef shark). Bring your own snorkelling gear if you are a snorkelling enthusiast, otherwise, snorkels and lifevest are available for rent for $18 per day.

In front of Sri Sentosa chalet are some rocks which we found natural oysters. That set off some excitment in us and we went oyster "harvesting". The oysters were small , probably tiny, but really fresh enough to just pop them in your mouth after shucking it. It was a fun and free experience.You can even call it our appetizer before dinner.

On the last evening, we had a sumptous BBQ seafood dinner of lobsters, crayfish, prawns, flower crabs. Now, where can you find such an awesome deal? No alcohol or smokes are served or sold here as the owners are religious. Not an issue for non-smokers like me! :) However, if you are, they have areas designated for the smoking but bring your own ciggies.

Sri Sentosa is often fully booked during peak periods, public holidays mainly by locals and Singaporean. Its no wonder, for the 4D/3N stay (including the BBQ dinner on our last night cost us only around $270 per pax for a group of 10(4D/3N full board).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends