“Salang Indah=bed bugs”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Tioman
Salang Indah Resort
Ranked #21 of 28 Pulau Tioman B&B and Inns
Shanghai, China
“Salang Indah=bed bugs”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I am just back from 3 days/2 nights package at Salang Indah in basic room with fan. I knew it was not going to be a great room but we didn't care as the idea was to be on the beach, snorkelling and diving in the various islands around. When we arrived at 2.30 PM, we were told to wait for an hour for the room to be cleaned and ready. Indeed, it needed to be cleaned but it was not ! Moldy toilets and sink, bed was looking so so and the room couldn't lock! The overall service at the hotel was very loose and everything we asked seemed to be a hassle to the staff in the reception who didn't seem to care at all! As I didn't have enough cash, I wanted to pay by credit card some of the shopping done in the Salang Indah small supermarket and after a few trials, I was told my credit card wouldn't work. I clearly saw they didn't know or didn't want to use the credit card machine. The food in the restaurant was very average and we had to remind many times the waiters our order to get served. Yet this is not the worse. The second day, I woke up full of bites which I thought were mosquito's. After 2 days they haven't gone away and I started to have red spots on the face... I went to the doctor today who eventually told me the bites are from bed bugs and that the red spots are a reaction...I have been 20 years in Asia travelling in very remote places without encountering any problem like this ! So definitely, don't go there!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Xiegewen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Singapore
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Had to walk in for a room for our last night here as Salang Sayang where we were staying did not have any room available for our extended night.

Chose a room closest to the reception as the rooms further in were too quiet.

For 20rm more (as compared to Salang Sayang), we had aircon & hot water shower, which was actually not a necessity. Had to pay RM10 deposit for towels as well.

Beach here not conducive for suntanning/water activities, so we spent most of our time at the beach over in salang sayang.

Foodwise, good and relatively cheap. Not as many flies as Salang Sayang.

Guess most tourists in Salang are staying in this resort. We had a group bbq-ing right outside our room and the noise continued till the wee hours of the morning.

Overall, good place for big groups of friends/family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed with my wife and son there for 4 nights in 2012. I've been there before, in 2010, and I loved the environment. Back then, all the rooms definitely required a renovation, I was hoping to find some renovated rooms after 2 years.
No way. No rooms renovation at all, but the surrounding landscaping i have to admit is beautiful and well-maintained.
I don't know about fan chalets, but the AC chalets look nice on the outside, but are terrible inside. When i checked in, i required to see all available rooms, i saw 4 rooms, all were horrible, i just chose the only one with usable bathroom.
I wasn't able to sleep properly because the room and the bed was full of of ants (and maybe other insects, since all of us had a quite bad skin rush....).

The place is on the beach, beautiful beach, beautiful landscaping around....
Food is also good and cheap.

But I lost hope to find any renovation there next time, so i will definitely go to another resort.

Room Tip: Expect to get a room with some bathroom facilities not working. Make sure you check that, and if yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marcel74

Travelers are raving about these Pulau Tioman hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was extremely sceptical about staying here after reading some of the bad reviews. We had to take what we got because of the busy holidays. Still, the place is a quite normal budget resort. One thing that is great about this place is (as mentioned), the location. We had a sea view room, and you could literally hear the waves right outside your door. The staff was friendly and the restaurant quite allright. Unfortunately the staff's knowledge in English was mediocre to say the best, so make sure you get your order's right. Most importantly, there were no bed bugs, and the beds were clean. We had working aircon, but the bathroom was in a rough shape.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed at this resort (twin-sharing) for a 3D2N package (my friend booked it). This resort is the nearest from the jetty so you don't have to walk too far to get there.

Fortunately, I read some reviews on the resort before going there so had low expectations. However, the state of the room was the worst I stayed at so far! The room was supposedly a hillview (all the sea-facing rooms were booked up according to our guide) but as it's high, we could still see the sea from our room. The steep steps (without any rails) into the "hut" was a feat daily especially carrying our snorkelling gears. Upon entering the hut, the door knob looked like it was going to drop off anytime! The laminate "parquet" flooring also was peeling off - might be due to guests walking on it with wet feet. The toilet was very basic - tap had black mould! Airconditioner needed time to cool down. Flush took ages to be refilled so expect to hear water dripping through the night. Peeped into other "huts" or cottages and they look better maintained so not too sure if it's just our hut that is terribly-maintained! Oh yes, there's deposit (refundable upon check out) for anything from the reception - towel was RM10 and kettle RM20. So bring your own towels to save the hassle! I do not advise to boil water from the tap as black particles were spotted (according to our guide, the water is from the hills).

The only consolation was the food at the restaurant was affordable and tasted pretty good! The people at Salang in general were also very friendly and it felt like a whole big family. Coral just off Salang Beach was BEAUTIFUL - I felt even more so compared to Malang Rock and Coral View Island. Salang Complex (just near by) offered local breakfast at affordable prices too. Heard that there's BBQ vegetables (suitable for vegetarians) at the other resort located at the right end (facing Salang complex) but I never got to try. The cooking at the only chinese zi char stall at the left end of the Salang area was good too - it's more worth to order zi char if in groups.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This place is real crap! The houses are really old old and dirty! My boyfriend and I got bitten by fleas or bedbugs and we will suffer terrible itches for the next 3-6 wks :-( we are doing a round the world trip and this ruins a lot. You are paying a lot on the island for accomodation anyway so better find yourself a better place. The beach is lovely though.

Room Tip: Dont go there!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LauraMiri
Delhi
Reviewed October 22, 2011

If you can survive an unprofessionally run, badly maintained hotel accommodation, stay at Salang Indah resort as it's a minute's walk from the jetty (where your water taxi will drop you off) and from everything else you'll need.
Be warned that rooms & toilets are shabby. We stayed at Salang Indah only because they have some 'on the water' rooms that have heavenly views from the balcony during high tide.
Most other hotels on Salang beach are several minutes walk from the jetty and in areas less lively.

If they spend a bit on the rooms, they could easily charge double as much as they're so well located in Tioman.

I've added a couple of pictures of this hotel in my other article on Tripadvisor

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends