“Better choice on Tioman”
Review of Nazri's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Tioman
Nazri's Place
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Let me begin by saying that the majority of accommodation on Tioman island is quite basic. If you're looking for luxury you will need to pay more and go one of the resorts. However, Nazri's provided a decent quality of basic accommodation, probably the best in ABC from what we could tell from the outside, although we didn't go into any others.

We payed a little more for a an air-con room and I am pleased that we did. The room was clean, a decent size and had what we needed. It wasn't luxury but it did the job well and we felt quite comfortable there.

The food was ok although only 4 dishes served during the day (this may have been due to it being around the time of Eid - poor planning on our part) which we got a little sick of by the end of 5 days there.

We liked ABC (although the only other part of Tioman we saw was Salang and the amazing JapaMala resort) and were glad we chose that part of Tioman. The beach near Nazri's was definitely the best part of beach in ABC and the sunset bar was great for drinks in the evening. It is a quiet island though so don't go here if you're looking for a huge party.

If you choose Tioman island and ABC then I would recommend Nazri's as a great place to stay. The staff were helpful and friendly and we had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jvto

Reviewed August 11, 2013

i've been to tioman 3 time and have stay in this place 2 times., i love the scenery here., the owner are friendly and easy to negotiate., the food is totally delicious., during my visit the owner catch their own fish and then cook it for our lunch., the freshly cooked herring is superb!! and that is included in the package buffet., not special order.,

the room is clean and they clean our room daily., the bed is good., got no problem falling asleep., the bathroom also clean but for some room the water pressure is a little low., especially the room at the upper side.,

i really love the beach here., the seas doesn't have died coral drifting or sharp rock., it is pleasant and its like your own private beach., its fun to just laze around all day at the beach.,

overall it is a really nice place!! i recommended it to all my friend and definitely come back here for the 3rd time in my 4th trip to tioman again huhuhu ;p

Room Tip: choose room at lower side for higher water pressure
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very nice memories. Food, service, room, activity arrangements, we are very satisfied. We liked this company trip. Our room is triple room, every room with small refrigerator. Whether children or adults are feel very fun and enjoy. Now their restaurant under the renovation, I hope we can arrange time go again, after finish the renovation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

stayed there 4 nights. We liked the laid back atmosphere. acommodation was basic but ok. the sunset bar is right next to it and is a really nice place to spend lazy days on the beach. The breakfast buffet is very basic and does not taste good. I would not recommend their restaurant in general. unfriendly service and I had the worst chicken wings of my life.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Nazri's place is located at kampung ayer batang. As we arrived at the jetty, we were met by nazri's daughter with her trusty 3-wheeled motorbike to carry our luggage. She told us it would be a 10 minute walk to nazri's. I think that's the only minor drawback to nazri's. Because it is at the far end of the beach, it might be a bit far for those with young children or the elderly.

Nazri's itself is a low to middle range accomodation. The new block where we stayed was the middle range part - a new 2-storey block with about 16rooms. Each room was clean with nice bedding. Bathrooms had hot water and were clean. The TV was not working but in the process of being connected (a future feature). A small fridge was a pleasant surprise. 'Surau pun ada!'

Eating was not a problem. Eventhough a new restaurant was being built (major construction for an island!) a makeshift cafe served ample food. Breakfast was included with the room, which was standard fare......sausages, scrambled eggs, bread, fried rice....but more than enough. In the evenings, another cafe on the beach (run by nazri's daughter) is good for pizza's. It's a nice laid back cafe.

The beach in front of nazri's is nice. Nazri's has it's own snorkelling equipment, kayaks etc. It doesnt have a dive centre but there is one about 50m down the road.

The other great thing about nazri's is it is actually the closest accomodation to the tioman marine park. Eventhough the marine park is in tekek on another stretch of beach, it is only a 5-7min trek from nazri's.

Staff were super friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The cleanest and by far the best mid to low budget place to stay at ABC. But if you are looking for the best beach on Tioman better look for some hotel in Salang or Juara. The beach and snorkeling possibilities at ABC are nice but not as nice as those others.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are something like a 3 to 4 stars hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juan P
Reviewed June 14, 2013

25 of us, friends and families had a wonderful retreat in Tioman Island for 3 nights four days. Believe me or not, I wish it could be much longer. Perhaps a month. This hotel in ABC, Air Batang Chalet village, was something I did not expect it to be. I thought it was something similar to other places I have been so far, much developed, but it was just the opposite.This place will surely give you a feeling of relaxation and time has literally no significance at all.Surrounded by lush greeneries and crystal clear blue sea water. Not to forget, variety of foodstalls built right beside the beach were so wonderful. I had barbecue chicken wings at Bob Marley stall while facing the beach at night. The sound of waves splashing on the beach gave extra flavour to my food! The best part was the pizza stall in front of Nazri 1, where we stayed. There were two parts of Nazris anyway, 1 and 2.. REALLY GREAT PIZZAS!
Nothing really high tech there. I felt uncomfortable in the beginning when I realised my tab had no internet connection..but soon I finally part with my tab for four days. No regrets after all. I got the chance to unwind myself and get to know more people. Yes, the people there were friendly. Im already planning now to return to the place although I just came back from there two weeks ago!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends