Fantastic View - don't expect anything more than that.
What I did - 6D5N, SD Room
Personal Expectations - Clean room (bed & toilet) especially when I'm paying for the best room in this place.
1. View - undoubtedly
2. Boat man - The Malay uncle was so friendly and helpful. He even came to shook our hands before we left on the last day! Amazing uncle and he is the friendliest and most hardworking guy in the resort from what I observed.
3. Small Island - Perfect for getaway and to relax but there is nothing much to do.
4. Snorkeling - A lot of fish and you need not venture out far to see it. Water was rather clear but me and my friend were unlucky, we snorkeled on a day when it was not too clear.
5. Diving - Dive with Tioman Dive Centre. The best around and it's one of the cheapest place to dive. You will see lots of amazing sea creatures like turtles.
6. Cats & Kittens - Oh my! They are so cute and you can carry them on your hands!!
1. Laundry Services - With RM8 per KG is cheap. Smell nice but some were still wet, BOOO!
2. Reception Service - typical village life, not motivated to do anything.
3. Light Pollution - island is too bright and there's too much light pollution. Can't even see the Milky Way which I did in Juara.
4. Room Service - No room service. Booked SD room but there is no coffee or tea provided. They only provided us with an electric kettle. So much for saying coffee and tea maker - yes I get it, MAKER. Btw, NO room service, me and my friends cleaned our own rooms for the entire stay and the balcony was infested with ants. So disgusting!!! Major EWWWW
Someone came into our room to do room service for 1 day and ran away without closing our door. That's rude.
5. Water - Walk is milky and unclear. Was at Juara, Tioman Island as well but nothing like this happened. You can drink from the tap at Juara. Boiled the water and drank, did not had tummyache though.
6. Breakfast - On the day we checked in, we asked what time does the buffet end, they said 12 noon. But when we got there at 9.30am, food were finishing and at 10.15am, they cleared the food. I asked why and they said breakfast ended at 10am. Breakfast was full of carbohydrates - plain white bread, noodles and rice and baked beans at times. Their menu repeats every 3 days. Had some cold hotdogs - not toos ure if they were cooked or not.
7. Room - Bed was disgusting. Bed sheets were yellow and old. Not too sure if they changed after every guest. Toilet was gross, no scrubbing and cleaning. Floor was absolutely dirty and old.
8. Restaurant / Canteen - Only place to get food on Panuba and the worst place ever!! Quality of food sucks and it taste bad.
There are so many things bad about this place. I do not recommend ANYONE to stay at Panuba. This inn is just disgusting! If you are coming to dive with Tioman Dive Centre, you practically have no choice but I believe type B room is more than sufficient.
Personally, I recommend you Juara for quiet, relaxing and if you would like to see stars and ABC for more night life. Everyone on Tioman Island is generally nice but the best people are in ABC and Juara! :)
- Also Known As:
- Panuba Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Panuba Resort Pulau Tioman