It is certainly eccentric. And is probably overpriced. But still charming and I felt very comfortable and at home here. The staff were lovely. We were the only guests and had the entire place to ourselves. The gardens are charming. The cooking was surprisingly good. Even the cream tea was authentic. I felt like I was staying at my grandmothers. It's like staying in a time capsule from the 1960's. Don't expect five star creature comforts and all the other hotel razmatazz and you'll enjoy it. It made for a lovely break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ye Olde Smokehouse invites you to experience the charm of English countryside and its architecture that will make your stay at the Hill Resort truly memorable. Stay in one of our well appointed rooms/suites furnished with four poster bed, English furniture and antiques. Enjoy the cool climate and tranquility of Fraser's Hill by indulging in our afternoon cream tea with homemade scones, strawberry jam and a pot of tea. In the evening, head to the bar where a real log wood fireplace awaits you. Have a drink and dine in one of the Hill's finest English restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Ye Olde Smokehouse Fraser’s Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Smokehouse Hotel And Restaurant
- Smokehouse Hotel Bukit Fraser