Booked for a 3 days 2 night stay with my wife and 5 year old daughter. We stayed in Charles as we were told during booking that this was the only room available.
The room is big, with sitting area, king bed and bunk bed. As what other reviewers have pointed out, the hotel needs some refurbishment. Some say this is part of the experience - musky smell, damp carpets. Probably, but not for us.
The hotel staff and manager were very polite and tried to make our stay the most enjoyable one. No complain on that.
Oh The room we stayed is situated on the ground floor. There is a backdoor to the backyard area adjacent to the kitchen. We could hear staff chatting while smoking near the back door, and thus we never opened the living area windows. And sadly I couldnt relax to read books on the comfy chair provided in the room - due to the noise. Motorcyle, staff chatting, visitors chatting, etc. Our trip coincided with a group of 20+ people having their function in the hotel for the same 3 days and the hotel seemed a bit busy, and noisy for my liking.
I was hoping for a quiet weekend. I was told that this place is just that - no TV in room, weak internet, and was prepared to relax - so I was quite disappointed.
Tea - scones, cake etc. Good.
Food in Smokehouse restaurant, breakfast. Good.
Location - quite far, so was hoping to be quiet, relaxing..not so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ye Olde Smokehouse invites you to experience the charm of English countryside and its architecture that will make your stay at the Hill Resort truly memorable. Stay in one of our well appointed rooms/suites furnished with four poster bed, English furniture and antiques. Enjoy the cool climate and tranquility of Fraser's Hill by indulging in our afternoon cream tea with homemade scones, strawberry jam and a pot of tea. In the evening, head to the bar where a real log wood fireplace awaits you. Have a drink and dine in one of the Hill's finest English restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Ye Olde Smokehouse Fraser’s Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Smokehouse Hotel And Restaurant
- Smokehouse Hotel Bukit Fraser