My wife and I drove from KL to the Smokehouse, having booked the hotel based largely on reviews here. We found it pretty much as described by other reviewers - quaint and homely, but in need of much TLC particularly to the actual building.
We started off our visit with the famous cream tea, which we enjoyed and I guess it would be churlish to suggest they should have clotted cream in Fraser's Hill! Dinner was, as others have noted, relatively expensive but actually quite good.
Service throughout was pleasant and attentive, we chatted to the helpful manager on several occasions, and he was happy to talk about the history of the place and made us feel welcome.
Our bedroom was Halcyon 6, on the ground floor. We could hear the people above us, not just moving around but talking - so if that's an issue maybe you should book an upstairs room. Our room was cosy but definitely in need of a refurb. Our shower was hot and strong, although both the shower taps were marked "cold" so a certain amount of trial and error was required!
We walked a couple of the well-marked trails, all the trails have a description at the entrance advising the difficulty etc. of the walk so you can pick ones to suit your stamina. The hotel has a map and before we set out the manager advised us which walks he recommended and marked them on the map.
All in all a pleasant getaway for 1-2 days (no more), and we will certainly return to the Smokehouse!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ye Olde Smokehouse invites you to experience the charm of English countryside and its architecture that will make your stay at the Hill Resort truly memorable. Stay in one of our well appointed rooms/suites furnished with four poster bed, English furniture and antiques. Enjoy the cool climate and tranquility of Fraser's Hill by indulging in our afternoon cream tea with homemade scones, strawberry jam and a pot of tea. In the evening, head to the bar where a real log wood fireplace awaits you. Have a drink and dine in one of the Hill's finest English restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Ye Olde Smokehouse Fraser’s Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Smokehouse Hotel And Restaurant
- Smokehouse Hotel Bukit Fraser