“"Worst experience in my life living in a hotel"”

Corus Paradise resort
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“"Worst experience in my life living in a hotel"”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed in this property for a night over the weekend weeks ago.Checked in only around 11pm,the minute i drove in the hotel, i saw a group of Malay & Indian boys hanging around with their motorbike circling the premises,that first impression tells me it not safe there to park my car,so i ask the security there if i am allow to park somewhere safer,so he allowed me to park my car right in front of the hotel entrance. The next day when i collect my car, i found my bonnet was dented! I immediately report to their manager in charge,police came without doing much but just ask me to make a report in the police station nearby. The manager was not helpful in any kind of compensation at all. I found out from the manager that those guys with motorbikes are actually agent who sell the apartment rooms which is next to the hotel.Messy hotel system,old rooms with peculiar smell,unfriendly service staff @ restaurant,pool without pool towel coz its finished,that what the pool attendant told me,overall, i will never ever come here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank kenowee
Mohd Fizanee R, Front Office Manager at Corus Paradise resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Kenowee,

I would like to extend my sincere apology for the unfortunate experience that you have mentioned.We have taken note on of your comments and have highlighted these matters to the respective departments and also the Management of the APARTMENT UNITS on regards of the illegal agents to ensure that our quality of our services is not compromised at all time.We sincerely hope to have another oppertunity to serve you again at our resort.

Best Wishes.
Front Office Manager-Fizanee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed in the property for a night over a weekend. The rooms are sea facing, well must say that is the only good point.The cleanliness of the room and the hotel is really poor. The towel and the bedsheets were dirty. There is no dedicated car park for the guests and hence had to wait for over an hour to get a parking slot in the night. The breakfast spread was average. The hotel gets a lot of day guests to use the swimming pool and hence the entire restaurant gets crowded and messy.

If you are looking for a holiday on beach front then would recommend to give this property a miss.

Room Tip: Housekeeping of rooms are not upto mark.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GiriprasadNair
Mohd Fizanee R, Front Office Manager at Corus Paradise resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear GiriprasadNair,

Thank you very much for your invaluable feedback with regards to your stay with us.We truly appreciate feedbacks from all our esteemed guests as it provides us the oppertunity to gauge our overall service delivery standard.It is with great disappointment to learn that on this rare occasion we have fallen short of expectations.
All issues concerned will be given due attention accordingly.We apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced throughout your stay here at the resort.Once again, please accept our sincere apology and we certain looking forward for an oppertunity to have you stay with us again.

Best wishes
Front Office Manager-Fizanee

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Malaysia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Corus paradise is such a poor maintanence hotel that i have stayed in my life.DO not judge the book by its cover.the hotel outside look very nice but once u go inside than u will know how many problem have to face to stay in this hotel..Ok the first thing i really disapointed is the aircond which is not not working.after check in almost we wait one hour still not cold at all and all of feel so warm .than Not very helpful maintanance after we give a call for twice than came the guy to correct the air cond..and yet still not cold .So we called again receptionist and they ask to change room.ohh realy troublesome after 2 hours in that room we have to change another room .And that room the aircond but still not very cold yet still ok compare to that one.but another problem come.The room very dusty at coffee table adn i have clean myself rather call again all these stuff..than the heater not working properly..in the morning imigine we have to bath cold shower cause heater not working.the sink paip the water is very slow..The bathroom damn dirty with mold, dusty, very old also so small..Dont have bathtub.Its 4 star hotel but not well maintain.Arghh....i feel the hotel not worthied for what we paid.The hotel condition is more worst than 3 or 2 star hotel..Some more the food very expensive unless u will to pay for it..And more that really make me iritate is the swimming pool..the pool is very nice but we can,t swim if don have proper swim suit...Acctually we MAlaysian or Asian people not used to wear suim suit n shy.But we are not allowed to swim if don have suim suit...So most POrt dickson hotel never alowed to use swimming pool if no suim suit.But i went to BAli , CHina,,,..is not like that ..still we can swim even just use t-shirt with short.I feel waste cannot swim.But my daughter still enjoy cause the kids pool they allowed.
The plus point is the sea view of the hotel is very nice , easy parking,easy to fine at the road side, nice swimming pool and the breakfast is not bad and also the bed is deluxe( 2 double bed ..so 4 people can sleep.Yet i wont come back anymore to this hotel..Really bad expereince.Anyway i wont recomend this hotel to anybody unless u willing to take risk and don,t mind of dirtyness..For me cleanleness very important and we must feel comfortable.thank u and have nice journey

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank roswin
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I having 4days 3nights course in this hotel,even we are coming during fasting month but we still feel relaxed after the session finished.the food served during buffet Ramadan was very nice and have a lot of varieties.room also nice and spacious.for sure we will come. Again for the next course in future

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zahari J
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed in the Studio Apartment for 2 nights, it was a disaster, book via Agoda.com, no towel provided but if you need a towel have to pay deposit RM 30 which upon check out they will pay you back with condition you bring back the towel to reception, room was dirty and dusty, balcony full of cigarette butts, kitchen utensils not clean, what good I can say is the hot water and the big fridge. If you have car prepare to wait for your parking space which is always full on weekend and without any security control. Since waited too long in a Q for parking space ask the and was told security manager has gone home and only guards on duty. Suggest management to have more proper control on the parking and the manager should work on weekends. Those who park at main road may get police summons.Tug are always waiting to sell the rooms at the entrance of hotel without hotel taking any action. Agoda should check the quality of product they sell before advertising in their web

Room Tip: All apartment is with beach view, that is the only thing good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nyms43
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have encountered some bad experiences during my hotel stays, but this one takes the cake for me. Everything, right from the beginning, was bad.

1. Check-in was a pain - we had to wait forever to get checked in to our room. I understand it was a busy time for the hotel, but despite the fact that people were milling at the check-in counter, the staff took their own sweet time. At any one point, there were only 2 people at the reception desk. Given the situation, I would think that hotel management would have as many of their staff at the reception to quicken the process. There were staff were walking in and out of the back room, so it wasn't the case of them not having enough people. We had to wait almost 30 minutes before we could get to our room.

2. We booked a Junior Suite that comes with a separate living area. The entire suite had only one AC that was functioning - when we checked with reception about this, they told us that the central AC was no longer functioning in the room. If that was the case, why would this room even be made available for guests to check-in? They should fix the AC first! Eventually, we had to move to another room. My partner had to go back to the first room we had checked in to, pack up whatever things we brought, lug them out of the room (with the help of one of the bellboys, thank god for that!) while I had to go back down to the ever busy/slow reception desk to surrender my key and take the keys to the new room. Not ONCE did they apologise to me for the inconvenience we had been put through. The staff knew who I was as the bellboy had returned to let her know that we were ok to check in to the other room and yet she made me wait in line, all over again, instead of quickly handing me the new key card. I understand there were other guests waiting to check-in, but it would have taken a few seconds to sort me out. Any other hotel would have apologised and also told me not to worry about coming back down to get the new key - they would have sent someone to the new room with the other set of key card and taken the older one back. So, it was about almost 2 hours before we got settled in our room.

3. We had brought some wine with us and when we called room service to get a corkscrew, the staff actually told us to go down to the karaoke lounge to get it ourselves! We had to call them at least 4-5 times and suggest what they could do for us, i.e., get the corkscrew from the karaoke, come over to our room to uncork the bottles and take the corkscrew back to the karaoke. The mark of a good hotel is when the staff would get something for their guests when requested instead of asking them to go get it themselves! We only managed to enjoy our wine after 2 hours of requesting the corkscrew and a bucket of ice. The ONLY redeeming part of our whole stay was the staff who had eventually come over to our room to open the wine bottles for us - he was a really nice chap. He patiently opened the bottles for us although it was a bit of a tricky process.

4. The rooms were old and in need of some refurbishing, badly. The furniture was old and smelt a little musty. The linen were not that clean - there were some spots on them. We were so tired by the time we go to our room that we couldn't be bothered to get that sorted - thankfully we checked in to a room with 2 queen sized beds, so one of the beds was slightly better. The heater took a while to kick in, so we had to wait for a while before the water turned hot to have our shower. On our last day, just before we were going to check out, while trying to work the shower, the knob of the hot water fell off which meant water kept streaming and we couldn't do anything to stop it. We were honestly just too tired to call anyone to fix it so we left it like that and simply informed the hotel staff upon check-out.

This was by far, my worst hotel stay. Suffice it to say that I will NEVER be going back - EVER.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelicious_K
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stay here for single trip on Wednesday. Not so many guest hotel but pack with association meeting. The breakfast was okay. Love the scenery view from my room. Parking lots are huge. The staff not friendly but helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo