“Great experience!”

Avillion Port Dickson
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Went for a 3D2N break with 4A and 2C (9yr & 10yr) from Fri 13/6 to Sun 15/6. We stayed at the Premium Water Chalets (approx. S$282 per night( rooms 410 and 411 and the views were marvellous. Clean, spacious, functional rooms. The 4 poster twin beds in one of the rooms were very comfortable and the mosquito nets were a nice touch. The double 4 poster bed in the other room could even fit 2A and 1C. The day bed in both rooms were perfect for the children and deemed more fun because they were able to gaze into the night sky and listen to the waves when the blinds were rolled up! The 2nd night, we moved to the 2 bedroom chalet just next door Rm 412 (approx. S$805) but we were stuck in our room for 2 hours whilst the maintenance poeple came to fix the aircon in the master bedroom. There were 2 rooms and could fit 4A and 2C easily whilst the daybed in the living room area was great for afternoon short naps. What was most welcoming was the much bigger balcony space! We rented fishing rods and squid baits for abour RM25 but there was no fishy catch! When the tide went down, we were able to walk right under our chalet! We caught a few small crabs and hermit crabs for the children to observe. Do not use the hotel provided slippers though as they broke while we were in the low tidal water. Bring your own crocs or alike. Lots of small crabs etc. even small fish which darted very quickly and we weren't able to catch any.
In the evening around 5pm, go to the activity hut near the family pool and be enthralled with how the resident monkey plucks coconuts near the Hotel Rooms Block and throws then down for the observers to take back to the rooms with them. Riau Beach was very nice. Tumasek beach on the other side was not so good as we were bitten by some sand flies or alike and the itch was crazy! No empty shells to pick though so prepare the kids.
The kids loved the Pet farm which is open to visitors daily 10am to 11am. The free roaming fowls, bunnies, guinea pigs are a great source of entertainment and all can feed and cuddle. But when it gets very crowded, there is a time limit to how long you can stay in the enclosed farm before the next lot is allowed in. Come early and wait by the gate :)
The restaurants were ok, and the buffet can get tiresome but the service was alright. The pools were very well maintained though small. The kids' pool had a slide but was tiny and crowded.
The galley bar was great while we waited to check in. Bees were slightly annoying and the hundreds of houseflies around the restaurants, gardens and balcony area can get a little irritating. All in all, it was a good trip.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank julianasim
Write a ReviewReviews (1,492)

Reviewed June 8, 2008

Spent 2D1N stay at Avillion PD on June 7, 2008. The whole family of mine was so disappointed with the rooms and services. We booked 3 water chalets.
1. check in counter is not friendly.
2. the chalets were not sea facing so no view at all.
3. the chalets were so small n not as what you see in the website. It doesn't justify for the price listed. For the price I paid, I can stay in a suite room in any luxury hotel in KL with similar facilities n better quality of services.
4. services at the restaurant Crow's Nest doesn't match its 5 stars standard. There were house flies everywhere in the restaurant . So please make sure u ask them to change the utensils laid on the table or ask for hot water to soak it b4 u dine. U don't see any smiling face from any waiter or waitress working in the restaurant. No friendly waiter or waitress working in the restaurant n the way they spoke to us also with one kind of attitude.

They have 3 pools i.e. kid pool, family pool n adult pool. The pools are well maintained and my kid had fun. They have an event called "monkey plug coconuts" but poor direction were given to hotel guests to the event destination.

Overall, I will not recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Some friends and I decided to check out Avillion while driving past the hotel, at the same time we wanted to stop for a drink. As soon as we stepped into the hotel, a security guard confronted us, told us to leave the hotel if we weren't residents there. I explained we will be dining at the restaurant. Still he chased us all the way to the entrance of the restaurant and rudely told us to leave the hotel.

When I demanded to see the Manager, the guard just walked away ignoring our request. We had to go to the reception and insisted on seeing the Manager who made us wait for more than 20 minutes before attending to us. Although the Manager was rather reasonable, I felt that the entire incident was very uncalled for and the situation poorly handled.

Potential customers are treated like thieves and criminals! So, I wouldn't recommend this resort to anyone who expect to be treated decently by hotel employees.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank KualaLumpurMarita
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We spent 5 nights at the Avillion starting new years day with our 5 year old daughter.
From the entrance we new we had made the right choice, a speedie checking we were in our water chalet in minutes, our daughter loved sleeping on the panakin right under the window.
The facilities were great if a little worn but this added to the character of the place.
The breakfast buffet was one of the best we have seen and we left a few kilos heavier.
Any issues that we had were dealt with promptly and courteously and am surprised by other comments to the contrary. (I think the manner issues are raised and how people are treated some times determines service levels)
Please have a reality check before booking, the Avillion is located on the Melaka straits so the views are pleasant but not amazing and the beach is good enough to walk on but I wouldn't think of swimming in the ocean there.
The whole point of this resort is to stay in a water chalet

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I stayed there with my daughter (9) and mother. We really enjoyed our stay. It was simply very relaxing, hearing the waves of the sea, the sea breeze etc. Hotel Service was superb! My daughter had a great time with the Kids Activities - one of the best we have found. Highly recommended and we will be back.
I even wrote an article in my company magazine (Texas Childrens Hospital in Houston) recommending this hotel.

Thank you for making our stay great!

Julie A Pinto
Texas

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Attended a 2 nights 3 days conference at Avillion on the 7th, 8th May 2008.
I am appalled and shocked by the " couldn't careless" attitude of the manager on duty and staff as well as the poor maintenance of their chalet.
Our first room , a water chalet Room 800 , sprang a leak from the roof directly over the master bed in the middle of the night during a rain storm . I had never encounter
such an event in any of the hotels that I had stayed in , not even in a 3 star hotel. The water drip directly onto the bed making sleep impossible.
The alternate room 912 ,they gave us suffered air-condition failure during the middle of the day when it is hottest again making sleep impossible. My kids and wife
were sweating away while they try to fixed up the air-conditioner . The attitude of the manager and staff were " I am just doing my job , it's your bad luck to get rooms that are faulty . Half hearted insincere apologies with no attempt to make any remedy is shocking as Avillion aspire to be a premier hotel . Their attitude is definitely a 1 star rating . Needless to say I will never come back again . The organizer of this conference agrees with me . Request for water and other things were met with very slow response ( in the end the organizer had to buy the water themselves from outside !) Shame on you Avillion ! I checked out on the 2nd day of a 3 day stay and no doubt will not come again .

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2008

I stayed at Avillion for several days for a business conference. I guess I was lucky because I did not encounter any problem with the resort. The staff overall were friendly and helpful.

I arrived at Avillion at around 11 pm and check-in was a breeze since there were no other guests around. I was escorted to my water chalet and found the room quite big, especially the bathroom. The veranda faced the seashore which was nice, although the sea water did not look all that inviting. It rather looked a little dirty which made me decide not to swim in the beach.

During my entire stay, the room was always cleaned and changed with new sheets everytime I came back from our meeting. Breakfast was plentiful although I kind of got tired of the food after awhile.

One thing I have to mention is that there are not a lot of TV channels available. If you get bored with your stay there, you probably won't get any relief by watching TV. Bring a game console instead.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business