“Water chalets”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Water chalets”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Was here for company's retreat, hence time was spent in the meeting room. Kids loved the pool to bits, and they also have an adult only pool for those seeking solace away from shrieking kids. The water chalets are quite comfortable, with the open bathroom concept. The water chalets sleeps a family of four (2adults and 2 kids) comfortably as they had a king sized bed and a queen sized daybed by the window overlooking the sea. My only grouse is that the water chalets could be located quite a walk away from the hub of activities eg cafes, pool and beach etc.

Meeting facilities was top notch with espresso machines provided for refreshment. My other grouse is that the restaurant could be crowded during meal times. Oh, and that the parking could be full, so you might have to walk across the busy main road.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, and the hotel was so full that we got a room with two singles instead of a double. Also, when we checked in, the receptionist told us we had bookedd for one night, instead of two and we had to return to sort it out.

The hotel seemed full of corporate groups doing workshops, so it wasnt quite the romantic idyllic place we thought it would be. Got a sea front chalet, and it was nice, though a bit old - shower tap kept falling off, the toilet seat was a bit stained, air conditioning was Very noisy; and not as clean as it could have been - bird poo on the deck chairs, hairs on the day bed. We really enjoyed the garden and the various animals in it.

Breakfast was ok, not much choice for vegetarians, which was a shame. Lunch and dinner didn't seem available due to corporate groups. Spa looked nice, though there weren't any manicure/pedicures to be had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank SYTOko
Malaysia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights, first night was on company, second night we had to pay ourselves. Have heard about their water chalets and had always wondered how it was like. Wouldn't call it 5 stars maybe 4 stars. The chalets are beautiful though there were areas that needed upkeeping. Loved the huge bathroom with its open air shower concept. My favorite in the room was the daybed and if you are lucky you get a unit with a view of the entire sea - where relaxation will hit you in the face. As like most customer service in Malaysia, the reception and parking attendant's attitude can be improved. We are guests and we paid the money to stay - please do your best to make us feel welcome at all times. Breakfast was good though, get there early so you have the full spread and get good seating areas. Will I stay here again? Most likely not, been there done that. For us earning local income, it can be a bit steeped but other tourists and visitors, maybe the damage to wallet is not that much. Also, it can be a maze finding your chalet at times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
singapore
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I’ve recently stayed in Avillion Port Dickson Water Chalet. I am truly dissatisfied with the level of service that I receive during my stay on 26th Jan 2013. The experience I have was terrible. The first bad experience I have was the parking space. Understand that there’s limited parking space available and I would have no complain if it was catered more towards the staying hotel guest instead of those wedding guest there. I believe that the parking lots in the front hotel should be given priority to the guest staying in the hotel and I was told that the car park space was full and request me to park at the opposite as there’s a wedding going on and the guest have taken most of the lot. This is totally unacceptable.

Nevertheless, the breakfast was also bad. I went to breakfast at 830am in the morning and there’s a queue. The waiter informed me that the queue was rather long and put my name in the waiting list. When I ask about the estimated waiting time for me to have my breakfast, they said that they are unable to predict. I told them that I do not want to waste my time waiting in the queue and they said that I can go back to my room and they will give me a call once there’s seat. After waiting for 90 mins, there’s no call to my room and I decided to go to the restaurant. I managed to get a seat there at 10 and to my surprise, most of the food were runs out and they start clearing the food at about 1045am. The waiter attitude was bad as well. I did ordered an omelette with ham and they served me a scramble egg. Upon my second order of omelette and ham, they simply provide me with omelette with spring onion which I told them this is not what I ordered. After a while, they informed me that there’s no ham on that particular day. I’ve requested for the same order 3 times and they should have just informed me that there’s no ham in the very first place!!This is a very bad experience that I had. Based on the price that I was paying for my stay, I certainly expect more than this. Furthermore, the room given to me was in the front and most of the time, there’s no water. I actually requested for a change of room but however, was informed that it was full and unable to accommodate for the request.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Jonathan123Singapore

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went there for 1 night holiday retreat, checked in 2 beach studio room for 5 of us. We requested twice for extra blanket as there was 3 adults in 1 room. Firstly, being promised the blanket will be sent to our room. But after 3-4 hours waiting, no response from the stuff, then we requested again from the other stuff. But we were told to take from cupboard which did not contains any extra blanket. Finally we just give up and my brother slept without blanket for the night!

The second morning, we wake up at 8.30am and ready to go for our breakfast buffet. At first we went to the ground floor and told to go up to 4th floor as the restaurant was fully occupied. Fine, we thought we would surely get our breakfast at 4th floor. But after we go up to 4th floor, we were told that the restaurant in 4th floor was full as well! 5 star resort which doesn't have enough place for guests to take their breakfast?! This is just ridiculous!!! If you guys cant handle such a big number of guest for breakfast, please do not accept so many guests to your hotel at the first place!

The 2nd parking lot which is located across the main road is also another funny thing to find in a 5 star resort. Imagine u have to bring your kids to cross the main busy road just to get into car?! Why dont u provide shutter service like many other resort do?!

• Stayed January 2013
8 Thank nkte5207
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was initially skeptical with the resort especially the cleaniless and service. We made it this place and its awesome especially its facing the sea. The service staff are pleasant and proactive.

Nice place to unwind, keep it up a good work, DM by name of Robin.

Thanks for helping me who is desprately looking for a sea to unwind

Room Tip: Except for the aircon room in my villa is not working well. Others, you all in avilliion rocks