Location: along the beach road 3 miles from Port Dickson
Hotel: Water chalets, garden chalets, regular hotel building, vast property, well kept, private beach and water sports, spa, 2 restaurants, live music in the evenings
Room: we took water chalet with king bed, side seating area, open shower, balcony with seating
Positives: good property, well kept, adult's swimming pool, lot of activities for children, good food (non-veg)
Negatives: service was patchy, not enough options for vegetarians
My wife and I went to Avillion for 3 nights over NY and we had booked our room with the NYE dinner (which wasn't compulsory, unlike most resorts). We rented a water chalet (only difference between water chalets and premium ones are that the premium ones are farthest out at sea). Our room was quite spacious with a king sized bed and a separate dewan by the window to relax during the afternoons. The bathroom area had a bathtub as well as a well concealed open roof shower. No complaints about cleanliness. Do carry insect repellents as the mosquitoes/flies can be painful after a rainfall, especially if you are close to the beach.
The service was a bit disappointing especially when it came to vegetarian food, we ordered a coffee and hot chocolate by the pool and both came at almost room temperature, however, the waiter took them back and got them freshly prepared. Even at the restaurant on the very first meal, the waiter forgot to place the order for the garlic bread which eventually never arrived. However, I must say that they took extra efforts on 31st night to ensure that my wife ate a 4 course veg meal. The international food selection was wonderful at the Village Court restaurant every evening and the resident live band was playing music to my liking (60s to 90s with a few recent pop hits).
This resort is great for kids as they have kid's play area, kid's swimming pool with a slide, water sports. The kids can even feed the birds and other domesticated pets every morning (I saw all kids enjoying this activity). Do get proper directions to the resort if you don't have a GPS system as the exit from the main highway can be confusion and there aren't enough boards guiding you to the resort. The service, except for these 2 incidents and slow check-in, was good, the staff was very courteous and very polite. Had there not been these incidents I would've given the hotel a 5 star. We didn't make use of the spa as the rates were almost more than Singapore standards and hence we didn't find it worthy.
I'll certainly go back again when we have kids, wonderful place to spend new year's eve with them as I saw most kids enjoying the pool party that night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with the architecture of an Old World Malay fishing village in mind, the resort fuses traditional culture with contemporary luxuries, giving guests the opportunity to experience Malaysia's rich heritage while living in comfort. The result is a perfect hideaway where you can escape the hustle and bustle of city life and take a much needed breather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Avillion Port Dickson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avillion Port Dickson Hotel Port Dickson
- Avillion Hotel Port Dickson
- Port Dickson Avillion Hotel