“Adequate for Relaxation, Nothing more”

Avillion Port Dickson
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Adequate for Relaxation, Nothing more”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here 1st time ever 3D/2N package water chalet earlier this month.

Prices are rather steep but the good place to just relax.

Landscaping and adult pool are good, rooms should be refurbished soon - 5 star price but not really 5 star 'feel' to the rooms - the rooms certainly looked their age and really need facelift.

I would still come for the relaxing atmosphere, but probably won't be that soon.

Overall, adequate for short relaxation trip but certainly no 'Wow!' factor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank DannyToh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Was on business trip, stayed in on of the water chalet. Love the room, love the bed, love the pillow, love the balcony and absolutely in love with the outdoor bathroom. I'm always a fan of an outdoor bathroom even more if it is above sea. You really should experience this yourself. I've got a big room all by myself, but the room can comfortably fit about 4 people as there is one King size bed and one queen size bed. Oh, did i mentioned the balcony? It's very peaceful just to stare at the sea hence the heavenly feeling. I will definitely be back for the rooms! It's worth it, i'm telling you this. However, the food selection at the coffee house was poor. It's not local nor western. It is the only thing I do not like about the hotel besides nobody offered me help to bring my bags to the rooms. Service was a bit "so-so". The facilities such as swimming pool was awesome too. But the water is a little bit dirty for me. Not sure about anybody else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

My family and I had stayed here many times before. And we had enjoyed and loved coming back here to stay without 2nd thoughts. But this time round many things hv changed, for worst in my opinion. Before, beach towels were so easily accessible at the beach but now they only hv it at the poolside which is quite a walk fr the beach shld you need a change of towels for the children. You never know when it comes to kids. I thought availability of the towels at the beach gives the hotel an exclusive feel. Very 5-star.
At the hotel room, there are only 2 towels given. So I called for another 3 towels for my 3 kids. Lo an behold, they said at most they can give us 1 more towel. 3 towels to 5 people??! Ridiculous. Is that how a 4-star hotel should treat its guests??! *Slap head*
Something for Avillion to look into is, particularly its local staff. Not friendly and smiley for a customer service industry. No "good Mornings" or "good evening" or a simple "hello".
Also, I think as a full-priced paying guests (rm600++ per night), I should be entitled to at least take 3 tiny red apples away from the buffet table to munch on the way to the beach with my family because we want to fully enjoy and not waste precious moments eating away in the restaurant. Instead, a very out-spoken gentleman told me politely how I cannot take the 3 mini apples out of the restaurant. But have to eat it in the restaurant. Is that how Avillion treats its full-priced paying loyal guests??!! Avillion is not the Avillion I once knew. Im very sure you didnt take note in your system that our family have stayed in your hotel many times before. Shame on you! If Avillion wants to charged 5-star rates, please provide 5-star service and food, and have proper maintenance of your amenities and rooms. Take note, I've encountered clogged bathrooms and toilet bowls before. Buck up or face the music!! There are many other good hotels in PD.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Mctan08
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear McTan08 ...

Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay at Avillion Port Dickson. We sincerely apologise for the shortfall in service standards for this visit. We acknowledge all your valuable comments to the team for improvement and hope this isolated experience will not hinder your future visits.

We appreciate your visits and I would be most pleased to discuss your stay further with you. Please feel free to reach me any time at: michaelquay@avillionportdickson.com

Warmest regards!

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After hearing about this resort, I checked the reviews here and saw many were not good so I crossed this place off my list. What a mistake that was!! Luckily someone I know went here, a total coincidence, and she was able to give me a personal review. Thank goodness she went because this place is a wonderful little gem just a short three hour drive from Singapore.
The architecture is traditional Malay, very aesthetically pleasing. My boyfriend and I stayed in a premium water chalet which is built on stilts over the water. We were there Monday through Thursday. The room was clean, well maintained, had a private balcony with two chairs where we could sit and watch the sun set over the water. It also had a wonderful day bed tucked into an alcove with windows on all sides, also overlooking the water. The air conditioning worked very well and there was a ceiling fan as well if you prefer the natural air.
The bathroom was fantastic, with a rainfall shower head designed in such a way that it was contained inside the room and very private but open to the sky and water below. There was also a traditional tub/shower and, of course, all the standard amenities provided. There was wifi in the room, although the connection did drag from time to time. The bed was very comfortable and plenty big, and the sheets were clean and well maintained.
The food was excellent. The resort has 4 restaurants and two bar areas. The menu is the same for every place but there is enough variety on the menu, both western and asian selections, that it didn't feel like we had to eat the same thing every night. Also the service was very good, a strong plus in my book!
There were two pools. A very large family pool with shallow and deeper parts, a water slide, several areas with jacuzzi bubbles and lots of seating around it. There was a separate adults only pool which was located away from the family pool so couples could enjoy sitting by the pool without hearing or seeing the children at play if they so wished. Both pools were very clean, obviously well maintained, with nice pool towels provided.
There is a tennis court, a wonderful spa and I saw some paddle boats by the beach area which I assume are for rent. There is also a petting/feeding area with chickens, rabbits and turtles for the kids as well as a tree planting areas and a nature walk.
There was one night when we got back to our room to hear a party going on next door. The noise was quite loud and continued late. When we finally called the front desk at midnight about the noise, it stopped immediately.
The only drawback, and the reason I gave it four stars and not five, is the beach has a lot of sand flies. There is an area with chairs set up and a place to swim in the water if you wish but we got several bites just walking along the beach one morning so we decided to stick with the pools instead. It would have been nice to be able to enjoy the beach more.
We will definitely be going back to this resort again! It was so easy to get to, beautiful, relaxing, peaceful and welcoming. A wonderful place to go for anyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in a premium water chalet because it has a private balcony to sit and enjoy the sunsets...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beth C
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went for a short one-night stand in the recent weekend, and got the Premium Water Chalet that directly faces the sea...the view alone is worth the price of the room! This is my second visit this year and although there were some minor concerns this time (kettle was not working -- a few calls sorted this out though, TV controller ran out of battery), they still didn't deter me from having a wonderful experience at the resort. Would highly recommend this resort for a short getaway!

Room Tip: Premium Water Chalet that DIRECTLY faces the sea in front (and not the ones at the side)...the view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TaramsalataPJ
Singapore
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I went to avillion Port dickson for a short holiday,book a water chalet room.
The check in was fast, as we arrive 1 hour earlier the check in time and we are still able to check in without having to wait. But we were quite disappointed as we had requested fro a King size bed but we were given 2 single bed instead. It feel weird as it was our honeymoon.
thing get worse when we check in the room. The aircon was not working at all, we call the reception to arrange for a checking, supposed to come in 15 min but we waited for more than 30min, still no one turn up. we decided to go for our lunch first as we were so hungry,hot and tired.
We went to the restaurant at the ground floor. we order their famous Nasi lemak..
Waited for near to 40min before it arrive. It taste good though.

After which, we made our way to the reception to make a complain about the aircon. As promised by them, 15 min.. Still No one turn up..
I was so frustrated as it was so hot and humid in the room, just like an oven.
No choice, decided to call the duty manager directly.. At last , we were able to change to another room with a woking aircon, and offered us a free dinner as compensate.
By the time , it was already 3.5hours later..
wasted half a day on this aircon issue..
Overall the surrounding is nice and beautiful.
Good for a short gate away but if stay too long in this resort, you will start to feel bored as nothing much to do there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vickywoof
Queensland
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We honeymooned at Avillion last week and were blown away. The location, the service and the room were all just brilliant. We'd definitely go back. We recommend requesting a hut on the end of the boardwalk (cuts down on passing guests) and was SO quiet. The 1brm water villa gave us a second bathroom and extra lounge area (with day bed)- worth the extra money to have a bit more space. The food in the restaurants was always prepared fresh and was tasty. The Privelege Card that gave us access to the Avi Spa Lounge was excellent (free drinks 6-7.30pm). Fida was fantastic and we really miss her now we're home! Cheap cocktails were great and Gauden (our waiter) was excellent. Overall, other than a rocky check in (due to language barrier) the stay was first class! Absolutely brilliant! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Again, the rooms at the end of the boardwalks are quieter because you don't have the foot traffi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple