“Must look for Lucky Lukut to find the place”
Review of Lucky King Bun

Lucky King Bun
Ranked #1 of 97 Restaurants in Port Dickson
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In Malaysia's rich food culture, many love eating buns and rich curry. But while it is common to take buns with chicken curry, not many have tried baking the curry inside the bun. Now with Chicken Curry Bun, food lovers can savour a unique taste sensation like no other! Fall in love with a one-of-a-kind culinary creation - the original Curry Chicken Bun.The-Prestigious-Product-Quality-Award Sometimes also referred to as Port Dickson Curry Chicken Bun or Lukut Curry Chicken Bun or Seremban Curry Chicken Bun, it is a unique dish consisting of chicken curry with potatoes and thick gravy wrapped inside a gigantic bun. Best of all, it is not too spicy so that diners of all ages and tastes can savour it. Tuck into this must-try delicacy today! HISTORY The story of Lucky King Bun began in the quiet town of Lukut, Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan over three decades ago, when the husband-and-wife team of Mr. Chaw and Madam Lew brainstormed over new creating new food dishes. Being avid fans of cooking and baking with over 30 years' experience in the culinary industry, the pair decided to merge their expertise with a dish that required both skills. After much hard work and experimentation, the fruit of their labour was extraordinary - a sumptuous combination of chicken curry with potatoes and thick gravy wrapped inside a gigantic bun. Termed the Curry Chicken Bun, this wildly popular dish became an instant classic made famous through word of mouth. Today, the dish has become a massive homegrown success story with buns being churned out by the hundreds daily. However, it is still made with the same meticulous passion and quality as day one, with Madam Lew herself keeping a close eye on the entire process from preparation of ingredients to baking and cooking. The result - a mouth-watering delicacy that customers travel from near and far daily to savour! THE PROCESS Enjoying Curry in a Loaf is a simple and convenient affair, but a tedious amount of preparation goes into it as each bun is made fresh daily. Spanning about 6 to 8 hours in total, the process begins with cooking the curries as early as 6am. Over 20 different ingredients and spices are used to extract the rich distinctive flavour that customers love. Next, the curries are carefully transferred into bowls where they are first wrapped in grease proof paper before another additional wrapping of aluminium foil. The outer layer is light spread with butter to ensure that the bun will not stick to the foil after baking. Once this is complete, the freshly made dough is kneaded and cut by hand into evenly sized pieces to form loaves covering the individual aluminium foil packets. After being left to rise for several rounds, the buns are ready to be baked. Upon completion, the final touch is applied with egg yolk glazing to attain the buns' signature shiny golden brown finish.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I had lots of trouble finding this place on the GPS. Cannot find anything when typed in the address not Lucky King Bun. So for those of you who wants to find the place, look for Lucky Lukut, then you have no problem.

I am glad I found the place and get to eat the Lucky King Bun Chicken Curry, it was really good. Other food that I had was the 排骨王 (stir-fried pork rib without bone) and clay pot tau fu. The food was very tasty and it was good value for money.

Keep up the good cooking and pricing. Will definitely visit again when I next go to PD.

3  Thank joltt
MrChaw_MdmLew, Owner at Lucky King Bun, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Hi, Thank you so must for your visit to our restaurant. Your support are much appreciated and we looking forward for your visit again and would like to serve you better. Thank you.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The bun is superb, I've tasted it at their Seremban shop. The same delicious taste. The part of PD shop is that you can't go wrong when you bring your family for a treat. I brought my wife and she is loving it... We ordered the bun and the curry... After finish eating, my wife ordered a few for 'tapau'... Now she too are hooked to LUCKY BUN. I'm glad I found this shop. I would recommend to anyone to come and enjoy the bun.

2  Thank Jonah Jusef K

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Oh gosh..I can't even choose a word to explain how much I love these Curry Chicken Bun.. The texture, the taste, the fresh from oven smell.. GOSH!! it makes me drooling all over again thinking about the bun.

When my friend brought me hear, i was like hmmm a curry chicken bun. just an ordinary bun.. but when i start taking my fist bite.. i was like ahh all the curry, chicken and the texture of the bun combination feel like haven go straight into your mouth!! imagine how it feels!!!

Now, every time i go south i will make sure i stop at The Lucky King Bun to taste this haven food..

Drooling now??

1  Thank DieHardFoodie1989
MrChaw_MdmLew, Owner at Lucky King Bun, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The restaurant is very east to find , it is locate beside the road ~
We order two curry chicken bun and other seafood dishes , price is very reasonable ...
They have three choices of bun and curry chicken is the best ~
They serve fast as well ~ definitely will visit again ~

1  Thank Jessica H
MrChaw_MdmLew, Owner at Lucky King Bun, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hi Jessica, Thank you so must for your visit to our restaurant. Your support are much appreciated and we looking forward for your visit again and would like to serve you better. Thank you.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We were surprised by how big the buns actually are. To be honest, the concept is probably a bit of a marketing gimmick, but it tastes superb! I'm not much for spicy food, so I really appreciated that the curry was tolerable to a non chili eater like me.

Aside from the bun, we also ordered Qing long veggie, which was done very simply with anchovies and garlic. It was very tasty!

I do recommend you to stop by here if you're around Port Dickson. It's on the way back home if you're from KL.

3  Thank Warren L
MrChaw_MdmLew, Owner at Lucky King Bun, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Hi Warren, Thank you so must for your visit to our restaurant. Your support are much appreciated and we looking forward for your visit again and would like to serve you better. Thank you.