“Affordable and Convenient”
Review of Cozzi Hotel

Cozzi Hotel
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've visited Malaysia on business a few times - once I've finished up in KL I like kicking it for a couple days in Port Dickson for some R&R before heading home to Hong Kong. The last few times I've been here Cozzi Hotel has been perfect for my needs. The hotel is right next to the beach and a convenient drive from some great places to eat (the crab here is out of this world). Seafood here is cheap, fresh and flavoursome. Portions are generous and plant matter is kept at a minimum unless specifically requested (a two thumbs up in my book - I've lost count of the number of times I've ordered a dish in KL only to have it drowned in superfluous vegetables).

The front desk staff at Cozzi have been attentive and polite, and the rooms were basic but clean and air conditioned (a must if you spend as much time as I do sleeping off a food coma).

Enough on the food.

There's a pool with an impressive waterslide on the grounds - the few times I've been to Cozzi I've been surprised at how popular the pool has been when the balmy, bubbling ocean is a mere few metres away.

If you're looking for a clean, affordable, comfortable hotel for a nice break in a throwback seaside town, Cozzi fits the bill perfectly. The rain shower is a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
13  Thank Wuhan W

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Found Port Dickson by word of mouth from other travellers in KL

Stopped at this hotel because of its light modern colours.

Good basic budget hotel - negotiated rate reduction for 3 nights.

Great having a king size bed (I am tall) and view over the pool and (for the adventurous) a rather high waterslide !

Plenty of basic facilities around - but I do recommend walking to local restaurants as the food stalls on the beach front are 'western' non-authentic as far as Malaysia goes !

Room Tip: Go for a room looking overlooking the pool - better view and even a balcony if you go for the 3rd fl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Dick_Sydney_2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was touring Malaysia and I took my family for a short break to Port Dickson and Malacca. I stayed in Port Dickson and it is good value for the price you pay. It is so near to the beach just 1 min walk, big swimming pool. My son was sick and the Manager offered to take my son to hospital and even waited for us at the hospital. When I was there they had a family day event. Yes I would recommend my friends to stay at this hotel when they come for holidays !
Cheers.

Room Tip: when making a booking request for rooms facing the pool. 2nd floor has very nice rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Maree s
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It is a hotel right in front of the beach and my family are very happy to enjoy the various facilites provided for the price we paid. It is very convenient and we had a good time. This is my second visit and we do see that the rooms has been upgraded. I would definately want to come again to stay with my family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bryantan1000
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I regretted for booking in agoda for this hotel. I should have read the reviews first.... I booked it about 1 week before.. N when I checked just a day before I arrive.. The rates were cheaper. I could have booked better condition rooms with the price I'm paying now. Room is small n I don't even have space to place my bags!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank greg_cruiser
Reviewed July 5, 2013

check in on 3 July n stay there for 2 nights. standard room at 2nd flr with king size bed n one single bed.

Pros:
good location.
near to pasar malam,
behind teluk kemang beach
near food and other attractions like ostrich farm, blue lagoon etc
10km to PD waterfront n Lukut town
service staff responsive to queries n request

Cons-
dirty room n toilet.
non carpeted floor
sanding floor
soil pillow case.
no tv remote
faulty toilet door knot.
no sound proof if there is guest next door.
dirty swimming pool. water slides not open.
old tv set, crt type, but tv reception
Ants n cockroach found in room
hot water only for normal shower, rain shower no hot water

Summary-
if you only need a place for sleep n don't mind dirty. this place is ok.
but u want to stay here for a gd holiday, advice u to go other hotels.

Advice to cozzi hotel management-
your hotel is in a very good location which is an advantage, if it's well maintain n with the improvement of the cleaniness of the rooms, toilets n pool. l'm very sure u will attact many guest n become a popular hotel.
you should repaint your rooms n toilets. put in place proper showers with hot water. ensure that yr staff do room cleaning regularly n yr maintanece staff maintain the room facilities n pool.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Xiru77
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the toilet was very dirty, our room wasn't very clean too, can see hair everywhere. No remote control for the air cond, very very noisy environment, at one point I yelled. Wanted a dry towel because we just went back from the beach, they refused

• Stayed: June 2013