New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Malaysia
“Eagle Fly Free”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

good location-10m drive from blue lagoon, 15m to telok kemang
ample of family activities. room clean and tidy,
spacious pool area. horse riding, go kart, rope climbing etc.
10m walk to the beach( not in front beach)
5m drive to seafood stall kg telok
20m drive kuala sungai baru seafood

Room Tip: choose the upper level room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank junkopile

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
Louisville, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came here for my company's outing. The cabin was nice, made of apparent varnished logbeams (i can't tell whether it was real or not) and a false fireplace which acted as our dressing table. There was a pretty mural of a cowboy and his horse. The bathroom had stone flooring with a hot water shower (a bit weak but ok) and a cold water "waterfall" shower which i thought was unique. The bathroom ceiling was half-open to the air so you could see the trees and sky. There was also a wooden bench-chair. I liked my room. Outside there was a verandah with chairs but there were too many mosquitoes. I felt pity for those in the tepees and bandwagons.

I would give applause for their efforts to make it "cowboy" like. They had barrels, cowboy paintings even moose-heads in the dining hall. Staff was friendly.

I am a regular horse-rider and wanted to do a trailride. However i was told that the horses were ex-racehorses and would bolt off easily (presumably untrained) and i was suggested not to ride them without someone walking and leading the horse.....! Unless i was a very good rider. Morever the guide would just ride a motorbike instead of riding another horse... which i thought was really odd. Horses are pack animals and will tend to follow the "leading" horse. I decided not to ride.

Otherwise other activities i did with my company such as obstacle course was quite enjoyable. Food was not as bad as i expected.

Room Tip: Take the log cabin
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank kelapa44
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with my son in the band-wagon. The beds were comfortable. The staff were generally friendly and the resort has several outdoor activities such as archery, horse-riding, go-carting, jungle-trekking. The pool was nice. The meals were average.
My only complaint is on the cleanliness of the place which could be improved further.
Firstly, the lower bathroom wall tiles were stained green and needed to be scrubbed.
Secondly, there was an unsightly rubbish dump in the nearby jungle on the way to the obstacle course.
Thirdly, the table cloth during lunch was strewn with bits of rice and bread crumbs left behind from breakfast.
These need to be addressed!

Room Tip: The log cabin has a large room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ibnibatutta
Johor, Johor, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

First of all, I'm attracted by the environment of the hotel. It was so different from other hotel. They have theme for all their rooms. A very "cow-boy" style resort with alot facilities inside. I did not try out their activities as it is abit expensive.

I stayed in the Bandwagon which made up of 2 storey of wagon with 4 rooms attached to it. So the room size was not very big but just nice. Due to the wagon is made from wood, so it is a bit smelly. The toilet is big enough with very basic amenities inside.

The room was not so clean as alot dust on the floor. My footpalm becomes dark after i enter the room without wearing my shoes. The toilet is full with ants. The room is a bit dark maybe they want to make it more romantics. :-)

The receptionist was not that friendly and they looks very blur when we check in that time. Other than that, they also did not show us where is our room. So it tooks sometimes for us to search around my room. Before we went there, we actually make a call to them but they are very rude in terms of replying phone call. Before I can continue with my next questions, the receptionist already hang up my call.

The breakfast that provided is very simple western style breakfast. Not much variety and I saw some flies in the buffet area. Hope they can improve on it.

However, I still recommend this resort for a short trip like one or two days. It's a very unique resort in Port Dickson with affordable price. Even the location of the resort is very far away from the town area and the beach.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Puisan
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed in the bandwagon, but it's average. for the price paid of RM99, I can't complaint much as they provide awesome outdoor activities, huge area, but the rooms are average in all terms. Far from the town as we need about 20-30 minutes to get to the main PD area. Distance to the nearest 7 Eleven is about 10-15 minutes.
Other than that it is pretty good already!

Room Tip: hmmmm... just bring mosquito repellent, and stock up before getting back to the place, as it is far...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank Ong H
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I've make a booking through email. I've call to the hotel for 2 days they said my booking is confirm and need to make payment before guest check in. I've ask them to send me the email together with invoice and they said will send. When I waited another day for the email, they didnt not reply and i called back they say im making noise. They said already fax over to me. Are they stupid or what dont know how to differentiate what is email and fax??? Even so, I still didnt get any fax over from them as well. If you want to fax just reply an email said you already fax over to my fax please check. This standard procedure also dont know dont work in service line lah. Dont even know how to reply email better close up and sell the property. SUCKS!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank StevenLeos

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

i stayed here with my freinds and i would suggest to others whom wish to be here is actually the best choice if you are looking for something different . You can feel the difference to moment you check in. . Everything is woody and you feel like you in a cowboy town . Saying this , the woody concept is perfectly balanced with the goodness of actitivity too . we had good time walking around the resort and also enjoyed watching people playing games. Most of others who were here were people that came in group for team building . Quite lucky i was not any kind of that people .hahaha . I enjoyed watching them shouting and racing amongst each other. It was a like a show for me . hehehehe.
Emmm.. here is something that i would like really hilight about this place is which it really make me to have the best time . In the night .. to my biggest suprise ..there was a party hosted by a very good dj . It was awsome . the music was fantastic and the envoirement was so nice and colorful . The dj played all kind of music and made me and my freinds partying all nite long . It was the best part throughout my holiday and i felt during the day i had fun and in the night it lived up my senses with more fun and excitement . i will strongly recommened for anyone who want to escape to a paradise which has everything under one roof .
Special thanks to the staffs and dj in the resort for making my stay a complete one !!!! . :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends