Grand Lexis Port Dickson
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Avillion Port Dickson(Port Dickson)
$151
$67
  • Pool
$40
$39
Avillion Admiral Cove(Port Dickson)
$46
$44
  • Breakfast included
$74
$62
Agoda.com
Lexis Port Dickson(Port Dickson)
$104
$94
Merlin Hotel(Port Dickson)
$22
$19
Eagle Ranch Resort(Port Dickson)
$32
  • Breakfast included
Win Win Boutique Hotel(Port Dickson)(Great Value!)
$31
$21
Priceline
Bayfront Hotel(Port Dickson)
$32
$27
TripAdvisor
1,306 results
All reviewsprivate poolgrand pool villagrand lexisduyung restaurantdeluxe suitebuggy servicetwo king size bedslower unitmicrowave ovensmall kitchensea viewgames roomglass panelbuggy ridewater villabig roomoutdoor shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went here for our anniversary celebration and my, was I a happy wife! Rom was full of rose petals and a bouquet, plus a nice chocolate cake! The service was up to my expectation and facilities were in good condition. But what amazes me most is the staff's apparent effort to do their best to accomodate the guests. Despite the heavy crowd and rain during the breakfast buffet, the hotel put in every effort they can to ensure that guests are attended to soonest possible. They kept their calm and work harmoniously together.
The room was also very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HabibahMS
Sally W, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Grand Lexis Port Dickson as your preferred accomodation. We’re delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your compliments and will strive to improve and retain our warm services. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I come here to celebrating my girlfriend's birthday, we arrived around 3pm. I walk to reception check-in, the staff ask me to pay RM100 for deposit. I thought i can check-in immediately because it's already 3pm, but the staff told me the room we booked is not yet ready. Beside, one customer is screaming to the staff, because he been wait for almost 3hours to get his room. I feel so disappointed to Grand Lexis because of the horrible service, and horrible check In time, website did mention their check-in time is 3pm, but end up we need to wait for the almost 2hour to get my room!! I looking for the person incharge of the reception but no one bother me!! I scold the staff because of the delay, she did not explain to me and just upgrade my room from deluxe to premier pool. However, I still not satisfied for the service of Grand Lexis, and I won't return anymore.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Louis C

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, we thank you for showing interest in Grand Lexis Port Dickson for your accommodation needs. Our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you've experienced during your recent inquiry of our Resort. Your comments have been highlighted to our senior management team for immediate remedial actions. We have conducted an investigation into the incident and will be improving our service staff training in order to better serve our guests. Rest assured, we will do everything in our power to ensure this incident does not happen again. Your constructive feedback is highly valued and it is guests like you that help us improve and strive for excellence.

We hope that you would give us another chance to regain your confidence. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Lexis Port Dickson from 7-9 June 2013. After reading the mostly positive reviews on Tripadvisor, we chose GLPD because of the private pool that comes with every room. As we were travelling in a group of 3 adults and 3 children, we chose the Premier Suite (a 2 bedroom villa in the garden).

Upon arrival, we checked in and were shown into the Premier Suite. As soon as we stepped into the small foyer (which functions as a small kitchenette as well as the path to the bedrooms and outdoor pool), we noticed the floors were dusty, not nearly as clean as we would expect from a 5-star establishment. Also, the wallpaper was peeling off one of the walls.

The bedrooms were so-so, and did not appear to be well-maintained. Upon inspecting the bathroom, my husband noticed that the WC had not been cleaned (there was poo in the WC). He flushed but remnants still remained. So we had to call housekeeping to clean it up.

I was not satisfied with the condition of the rooms. Also, being in the garden meant there were mosquitoes. We then decided to move into the main hotel building, and managed to get a Sky Pool Grand Villa. This came with 2 bedrooms, one with 2 king beds and another with one king bed.

Again, the floors were dusty. I will list down below the complaints we had during our stay:

1. The airconditioning in one of the rooms was faulty, not cool at all. We had to call maintenance to come and fix it.
2. The safe in one of the rooms was locked and could not be used.
3. The water in the shower stall of one of the bathrooms could not flow out. The water trap was stuck. Again we had to call maintenance to fix it.
4. The pool water was extremely cold, I decided not to risk getting sick by swimming in it.
5. I asked for 2 extra towels on the first night (the hotel supplies 2 bath towels and 2 pool towels per room, whereas I needed 3 of each per room). This was provided promptly without fuss. However, on the second day, housekeeping took all towels but only replaced the original number of towels per room. I called housekeeping at 6.30pm to request for 2 extra towels again, and the person who attended to me said ‘it is not their policy to provide extra towels’ !!! I was dumbstruck – never had I heard such a thing in all my travels. I insisted that they provide the towels to which she relented and said she would ‘send it later’. The towels never came and I had to call again after dinner, only then did they oblige my request.
6. On the first night, we ordered room service. Sadly, the plates and tray were not cleared, even at the time we checked out 2 days later.
7. Despite many reviewers claiming a good choice of food at the restaurants, this was not the case. We opted to dine out most of the time.
8. Breakfast was disastrous on the day we checked out – the coffeehouse was full and staff had a difficult time managing the volume of people and high turnover of tables. Flies were a common sight as well.
The only thing we enjoyed during our stay were the games and activities such as archery, pool, table tennis and video games.

We as a family have stayed at many 5 star hotels and resorts and I must say this is not one of them. I would rate it 3 star at best. And I would not recommend this resort to any of my friends. We will most definitely not be going back to GLPD again. For RM3,500 for our stay, this was a waste of our hard earned money.

Room Tip: Rooms in the hotel block - pools are cold. Try to get a room with an outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank SarahLH

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Grand Lexis Port Dickson for your stay. And thank you for your feedback and comments.We sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you’ve experienced and have encountered during your recent stay with us. Your review has been brought to the attention of our senior management team for immediate remedial actions. Please be assured that we are working to rectify and improve our facilities in order to provide quality services to our valued guests. We value your constructive feedback and will definitely use it for our training programs in the near future. We once again thank you for your feedback and it is guests like you that will make us improve and strive for excellence. We hope that you would give us another chance to regain your confidence and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

It was suppose to be a happy trip for my friend's pre-wedding celebration but ruined by a 4-hour long wait to check into our rooms. We arrived at 12.30pm, was told that we could have the room by 2pm. After 2 more hours of silence (that was 4pm) we decided we couldn't take it. By that time there was a sea of people waiting for their rooms. Front line staff kept repeating "I'm sorry, the cleaning staff is not done. We're not sure what time you can check in". Some were told check in was 6pm! That was so absurd! The room we paid for was almost RM1000 and we had to wait 4 hours, can't imagine how long the other cheaper rooms had to wait. People were restless and acting out their anger at the service staff who clearly did not know and was not trained how to respond. We kept insisting on speaking with the manager but was told all management were out cleaning rooms! WTF! The assistant manager finally came but did a poor job at appeasing us because he kept telling us his problems instead! Peak season, too many people, can't control the check out time, bla bla bla. The thing he said that took the cake was that this was not the hotel'a first time, and this has always been how they've managed influx of holiday makers! We finally got our rooms and even though it was a lovely resort and we were compensated with breakfast, my friends and I will NEVER EVER RETURN. It's one thing about having a nice resort, it's another when the management doesn't bother to think of the details or do crisis management and train their staff to do so.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Syndilim
grandlexispd, Public Relations Manager at Grand Lexis Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback and comments with us and the Trip Advisor community. It is with regret we noted the inconveniences you experienced relating to our quality of service and associates' attitude. In our efforts to achieve a level of service whereby guest expectations are being anticipated and met, we obviously have faulted on a number of occasions, as you have duly pointed out. Please accept our apologies for these shortcomings. Rest assured that we are making every effort to improve on the points you have described and constantly train our associates to improve the service quality and we will certainly use this incident as part of our weekly training with our associates. All the valid points you mentioned are going to be addressed and plans are in place to fix them in reasonable time.

We hope this matter will not deter you from visiting us again and if you do, we look forward to welcoming you back to a totally different and better experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We rented the sky pool villa for one night stay but were so disappointed with the hotel management and room service!
1. Horrible check-in system: Normal check-in time is 3pm but we only get our room at 5pm which was after we made a big fuss at the reception. Apparently this hotel always have resource problem during peak period which the staffs had to multitask, I.e. management staffs have to do room service as well!
2. Unprofessional front desk: Don't know how to handle customer when there is a situation. All they can say: I'm sorry the room is not ready, you'll just need to wait and I don't know when you'll get your room.
3. Terrible house keeping: Can only provide one additional tower though the room is cater for 4 person. Can't add extra bed even if you are wiling to pay extra charge.
4. The mattress is very hard and the pillow case is dirty.

Put the above issues aside, the hotel room is actually not bad. Big, spacious, nice view with a clean private pool and the food was awesome. Really hope the hotel management can tackle the above issues soonest, not sure how long can the hotel survive if they continue with this kind of service quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank mantrajr

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, we thank you for choosing Grand Lexis Port Dickson. Our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you've experienced during your recent stay with us. Your comments have been highlighted to our senior management team for immediate remedial actions. We are rectifying and improving our facilities in order to better serve our guests. Your constructive feedback is highly valued and it is guests like you that help us improve and strive for excellence.